Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC)

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
When is this dropping? I need to officially add it to my backlog :mjgrin:

still need to buy Judgment for 20 or less :mjgrin:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Coming out in November :wow:
Dub and all.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which came out as Yakuza 7 in Japan early this year, is getting a Western release in November. While every core game in the series since Yakuza 2 had Japanese voice acting and English subtitles for its Western release, Yakuza 7 is getting a full English dub like last year’s spin-off title Judgment. The cast is headed by George Takei, who plays yakuza patriarch Masumi Arakawa.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a departure for the series in many ways, which perhaps explains why Sega isn’t calling it a numbered entry in the West. (“Like a dragon” is a translation of Ryu ga Gotoku, the series’ Japanese title.) It features a new protagonist, Ichiban Kasuga, after Yakuza 6 marked the end of Kazuma Kiryu’s story, and the setting has been moved to Yokohama. The game also uses turn-based RPG-style combat as opposed to the other Yakuza games’ beat-em-up action.
It's coming out on PS5 probably next year.

Apparently if you get the PS4 version, you get it upgraded to the PS5 for free.

Last edited:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Y’all think the whole series gonna be playable on the PS5?:jbhmm:

Fukkd with Yakuza 0 heavy and it would be a major factor into my purchase if the series in its entirety is available :wow:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Fukkd with Yakuza 0 heavy and it would be a major factor into my purchase if the series in its entirety is available :wow:
Knowing Sega they'll rerelease the whole collection on PS5. They did that with 3-5 and made Zero/Kiwami 1&2/6

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They way things going it might finish on Xbox 1st

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
No you don't. Yakuza 6 is the only one that takes place after 5.

I do because I am 75% complete with the game. I'm not about to hop on to the ps4 games with all the improvements then go back

I know the series chronology