Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC)

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
TOJO ON TOP, LOYAL TO DA CLANN IMMA TOJO MANN, T’S UP O’S DOWN

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
This game was much shorter than I expected tho - ended right when it was getting good

Feel like it was half a game, prolly cause they emphasized so much with character building and the setup. But I guess there was a lot for the dev team to do with the new combat system and I guess they ain’t wanna invest too much into it.

Still, tho I’m spoiled by the past Yakuza games that were long as hell :francis:

Last edited:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game was amazing, ichiban is a great mc:wow:

I hope they introduce some new elements to the battle systems in the next one.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Caught up with the Trails series starting last year and playing Kuro right now.

Maybe I will start the Yakuza series sometime at the end of this year or at the beginning of next year. Then I will be caught up with the 3 long series continuity JRPGs that I am interested in. (Ys, Trails, and Yakuza)

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Never played Yakuza games but played this off the strength of being a turn based JRPG. What a fukking classic. Sorry brehs, this shyt is better than Persona 5 and DQ11. Much tighter paced experience. Can't believe I missed it until now.

The OST when you fight Tendo is GOAT status. One of the best final boss music tracks I can remember

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
the turn style turns me off from copping cuzz brawling and yakuza go together like peanut butter and jelly:francis:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
good know i get to play this i was gonna cop at 23 but the turn base for this one kinda keeps me hesitant..brawling in yakuza its damn near its essense lol. am

am only up to yakuza 4, will this ruin the last 3 games for me in the series guys??? i mean lost judgement kinda alluded what happened to the toyko clan :francis:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
good know i get to play this i was gonna cop at 23 but the turn base for this one kinda keeps me hesitant..brawling in yakuza its damn near its essense lol. am

am only up to yakuza 4, will this ruin the last 3 games for me in the series guys??? i mean lost judgement kinda alluded what happened to the toyko clan :francis:
Like A Dragon explains that part more in depth. You played Yakuza 3, so it depends on how you felt about a certain character. I won't spoil anymore though. :hubie:
it's like a mix of the traditional Yakuza game, Dragon Quest and Persona.

It's basically the Yakuza we all know and love. You can do everything and more, but it's just turn based, you'll get used to it.

I also recommend getting Fist Of The North Star: Lost Paradise, if you haven't copped.