Yakuza Kiwami (PS3/PS4) OT

llt23

All Star
Daps
Ran thru the early chapters last night and I was just thinking how much less into the story and the characters I would be without 0. It really is worth the time and money to play 0 first.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ran thru the early chapters last night and I was just thinking how much less into the story and the characters I would be without 0. It really is worth the time and money to play 0 first.
Funny you say that because I was thinking the samething and I haven't even played this yet. If I would have played any of the others 1st for any amount of good time and got into the story....I don't know if zero would have had the same impact. And I don't know if I'd care as much about seeing some characters in the future potentially again.

I strongly recommend playing zero 1st to anyone who hasn't played a yak game yet or finished one.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I wish theyd put an older port of virtua fighter in the in game arcade

Same... It was wack seeing those VF cabs in the arcade and you cant play 'em. And we know Yak 6 or whatever number they are on does have VF5 playable i think which was the one on 360 :whew:

You can tell why this is 30 bucks instead of 60. Its more to experience the story with the new graphics/system.

Though i appreciate the additions they made. Majima being the new "mr shakedown" is pretty dope and they gave it better rewards than just getting money.

It was fukkery though seeing how
Nishiki
turned out. One of the prime reasons playing 0 makes it way more powerful. And just so many little things all over the place, but that was the big one.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Thinking I should cop Yakuza 0 before this now. :jbhmm:

Its worth the money man. Kiwami is dope, but 0 is what makes it dope honestly. 0 has much better writing, a much stronger story and a shytload more things to do in the game world. Im up to ch 6 in Kiwami and while I really like it nothing too crazy has gone down...meanwhile by Ch6 in 0 my mind was blown 2-3 times by the twists and turns of the plot.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Should I finish playing Zero? I am on chapter six in kiwami and feel I am missing out.

Pocket fighter is getting married

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Thinking I should cop Yakuza 0 before this now. :jbhmm:
I haven't finished 0 but accidentally ran into some spoilers that lead up to Yakuza 1.
From what I understand, Yakuza 0 isn't necessary, but it adds some depth to the characters in Yakuza 1, specifically Nishkiyama.
Apparently the events in Yakuza 0 really explain why Nishki becomes the person he is in Yakuza 1.
I played the first one on PS2 years ago and can tell you that the events in Yakuza 0 have all been exciting to me knowing where things eventually lead up. Since I haven't finished 0 yet I'm just not 100% how things will go down. I would say definitely finish Yakuza 0. There's no reason not to.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I only ever played the first in the series and although I likes the general flow of the game and wanted to play the rest, never got around to that shyt.

Copped both the remake and the prequel for ps4 and plan on giving this series a proper go starting from there.

Would it make sense to play the prequel before the remake story and gameplay wise?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I only ever played the first in the series and although I likes the general flow of the game and wanted to play the rest, never got around to that shyt.

Copped both the remake and the prequel for ps4 and plan on giving this series a proper go starting from there.

Would it make sense to play the prequel before the remake story and gameplay wise?
Absolutely play the prequel first.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just picked up my steel book copy from best buy.
The steel book is one of the best I've seen. It looks incredible.
I wont be touching the game until I finish 0 though.
I believe I'm on chapter 7.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't finished 0 but accidentally ran into some spoilers that lead up to Yakuza 1.
From what I understand, Yakuza 0 isn't necessary, but it adds some depth to the characters in Yakuza 1, specifically Nishkiyama.
Apparently the events in Yakuza 0 really explain why Nishki becomes the person he is in Yakuza 1.
I played the first one on PS2 years ago and can tell you that the events in Yakuza 0 have all been exciting to me knowing where things eventually lead up. Since I haven't finished 0 yet I'm just not 100% how things will go down. I would say definitely finish Yakuza 0. There's no reason not to.
agreed totally.