Yakuza 5 - PS3 - [Fall 2015] Digital release only - Game similar to Shenmue

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
I never played sleeping dogs. I skipped right over it. Is it any good?

Yakuza plays exactly like Shenmue. The story style, the combat, the side jobs. Everything screams Shenmue and it does a lot of things better.

Do you have to play the previous ones? Not exactly, but it definitely helps. I personally jumped around in the series and didn't feel COMPLETELY lost. If you still have a ps3 these games can be found at most gamestops for about $10 a piece.

Like I said. If your a fan of Shenmue, I highly recommend this series.

Nah I agree with meech, yea its similar in some aspects but the diffrences are still obviouse imo especially with the combat:

shenmues combat has alot of depth like vf, yakuzas combat is simpler and more user friendly.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yakuza 5 ‘Welcome to the World of Yakuza 5′ developer interview, part one

Nagoshi, Yokoyama, and Corsi discuss the game's theme and scope.
Yakuza-5_06-25-15.jpg

Sega has released part one of a series of three new developer interview videos for Yakuza 5 featuring series general director Toshihiro Nagoshi, producer Masayoshi Yokoyama, and Sony Computer Entertainment director of Third Party Production Gio Corsi. In it, the trio discuss the game’s theme, scope, and answer some of the questions from the fans.
Yakuza 5 was previously planned for release on PlayStation 3 via PlayStation Network in North America and Europe this summer. The game has since been pushed to fall 2015.
Watch the video below.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nah I agree with meech, yea its similar in some aspects but the diffrences are still obviouse imo especially with the combat:

shenmues combat has alot of depth like vf, yakuzas combat is simpler and more user friendly.

Yakuza 4 combat is WAY better than the combat in Shenmue

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Everything I read online says this is PS3 only. I'd give if a whirl if it comes to the quad.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
This one needs a physical copy and i'll cop it right away.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yakuza 5 slated for mid-November release

“Unfortunately, it’s a little later than we would’ve liked, and a few weird development bugs that popped up in localization caused the delay,” Sega said. “Without getting too technical, there were just certain parts that didn’t like switching the Japanese text out for English, and we had to actually search through the source code to find a fix, taking more time than we expected. But! Everything is more or less back on track.”

Yakuza 5 first launched in Japan in March 2012.

Read more at Yakuza 5 slated for mid-November release

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
This game is gonna flop so hard :sadbron: we're never going to see another yakuza game localized.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only on ps3:what:

Sega is stupid....

This game should be on the ps4 and its going to get killed by Fallout:snoop:

Just bring over PS Online 2 already then you can crawl back under that rock of stupidity:pacspit:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only on ps3:what:

Sega is stupid....

This game should be on the ps4 and its going to get killed by Fallout:snoop:

Just bring over PS Online 2 already then you can crawl back under that rock of stupidity:pacspit:

I know that shyt had me :what: they could make more money if they could release on PS4.

That just stupid that they only released on PS3

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sega has released a new set of Yakuza 5 screenshots introducing the side-activities that the game’s five cities have to offer.

Those activities including taking pictures in photo booths, mastering Taiko Drum Master in the arcade, spending thousands of yen to win a Hatsune Miku or NiGHTS statue from a UFO catcher, gambling, drinking, cavorting, hunting bears, dancing, drifting in taxi cabs, and more.

Yakuza 5 is due out by the end of the year in North America and Europe via PlayStation Network.

Yakuza-5_10-30-15.jpg

Yakuza 5 screenshots introduce side-activities