Yakuza 5 - PS3 - [Fall 2015] Digital release only - Game similar to Shenmue

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Most of the people don't agree in the same level of negative nancy-ness that you do though. Plenty of folks recognize their similarities within those other forums. They're not 100% the same game, but they're definitely plenty of similarities, to which for every person that said it was nothing alike, there were still others that said that they were quite alike and most weren't saying that either was garbage. So kill that noise. But we know...we know...you have your...Reasons.:mjpls:
I said they are similar.

I simply said yakuza did not live up to the standard. It doesn't, and most people agree with me.

Don't know why that's so hard for yall

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Most of the people don't agree in the same level of negative nancy-ness that you do though. Plenty of folks recognize their similarities within those other forums. They're not 100% the same game, but they're definitely plenty of similarities, to which for every person that said it was nothing alike, there were still others that said that they were quite alike and most weren't saying that either was garbage. So kill that noise. But we know...we know...you have your...Reasons.:mjpls:
That's all I was saying from the beginning. This whole Yakuza thing started about a year ago. Several people were discussing Shenmue and how they wished there was a game similar, so I brought up the Yakuza series as a great game that plays VERY similar to Shenmue. The game clearly builds on everything Shenmue did. Why Meach has to show up with the childish "Is NOT!" defense I have no clue. A lot of times when people don't have experience with a game, mentioning a similar game helps them make the decision on whether or not they would try it out for themselves. Intelligent people intimidate meach. No one can play Yakuza and not immediately think of Shenmue.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I said they are similar.

I simply said yakuza did not live up to the standard. It doesn't, and most people agree with me.

Nah, you said it was garbage for one. Also, considering that while similar due to borrowing some of its concepts as many other titles have done, it's not outright trying to be the exact same game either and isn't a sequel or related to it within its universe, so why would it have to "live up to this standard" to be enjoyable. I know tho, it's garbage to you tho, cuz of Reasons.:sas1:

I'm sure Shenmue 3 won't live up to the hype in your eyes too, even if it outright does universally to all other players, due to the same Reasons tho.:sas2:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I said they are similar.

This game screams shenmue in the same way the order screams uncharted :camby:
You're argument was that the two games are completely different.
My point from the beginning was that the games are extremely similar.
If you are going to backpedal now then just agree with my point that the games are similar and move on to another thread. You're making a fool of yourself.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're argument was that the two games are completely different.
My point from the beginning was that the games are extremely similar.
If you are going to backpedal now then just agree with my point that the games are similar and move on to another thread. You're making a fool of yourself.

The fukk?

You trying to say uncharted and the order are totaly different?

I made that comparison to say two games in the same genre, using some of the same ideas with very different results.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah, you said it was garbage for one. Also, considering that while similar due to borrowing some of its concepts as many other titles have done, it's not outright trying to be the exact same game either and isn't a sequel or related to it within its universe, so why would it have to "live up to this standard" to be enjoyable. I know tho, it's garbage to you tho, cuz of Reasons.:sas1:

I'm sure Shenmue 3 won't live up to the hype in your eyes too, even if it outright does universally to all other players, due to the same Reasons tho.:sas2:

Why are opinions so threatening to y'all?

Any Sony games needs to get unmitigated praise or people are just hating.

Y'all are trash

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The fukk?

You trying to say uncharted and the order are totaly different?

I made that comparison to say two games in the same genre, using some of the same ideas with very different results.
Only you would compare Uncharted and The order to illustrate games that are similar. The rest of the human race with fully functioning brains would compare Uncharted and Tomb Raider to illustrate games that are similar.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
5988ee04196a686e107b46174f94a3ae-98.jpg
= Shenmue

9e3d84f5c1c5a6dba0b1aa713548cf8f-98.jpg
= Yakuza

That's all I was saying.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Only you would compare Uncharted and The order to illustrate games that are similar. The rest of the human race with fully functioning brains would compare Uncharted and Tomb Raider to illustrate games that are similar.

I used the order to go with two Sony games to reduce accusations of Stan shyt, and also because the order didnt really pan out.

In order to illustrate two games with similar design philosophy's but very different results.

Do you get that?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Why are opinions so threatening to y'all?

Any Sony games needs to get unmitigated praise or people are just hating.

Y'all are trash

More false, hyperbolic statements. You're free to have your opinions, for whatever Reasons, and I and I'm sure plenty of others are all good with agreeing to disagreee, but how about not just pretending to fake the funk on what those Reasons, may be with false statements. I can attest to many of my own and other sony heads that didn't universal praise any and all sony games. Some have stated quite harsh statements towards select games that they felt they didn't like. It's really no thing to doing so, cept maybe for you. Just the same tho, well all know your Reasons that on the opposite spectrum that all sony games must be expressed with unmitigated hate, discontent or slight and backhanded compliments AT BEST, rather than just being able to enjoy them for what they are.

You are trash.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
More false, hyperbolic statements. You're free to have your opinions, for whatever Reasons, and I and I'm sure plenty of others are all good with agreeing to disagreee, but how about not just pretending to fake the funk on what those Reasons, may be with false statements. I can attest to many of my own and other sony heads that didn't universal praise any and all sony games. Some have stated quite harsh statements towards select games that they felt they didn't like. It's really no thing to doing so, cept maybe for you. Just the same tho, well all know your Reasons that on the opposite spectrum that all sony games must be expressed with unmitigated hate, discontent or slight and backhanded compliments AT BEST, rather than just being able to enjoy them for what they are.

You are trash.

I've praised plenty of Sony games. Y'all just ignore that, so you can turn around and paint any criticism as blind hate.

Honestly when I bought a ps3 yakuza was one of the first games I bought due to shenmue comparisons I was excited as fukk. Got home put it in and felt totaly lied to. Didn't have one lick of fun in the hour or two i put in it.

That's my experience. That's all I can give. But to ALWAYS have any opinion of mine attacked with baseless accusations is frustrating to no end.

That's all I'm gone say. Sorry for venturing in to this thread.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I've praised plenty of Sony games. Y'all just ignore that, so you can turn around and paint any criticism as blind hate.

Honestly when I bought a ps3 yakuza was one of the first games I bought due to shenmue comparisons I was excited as fukk. Got home put it in and felt totaly lied to. Didn't have one lick of fun in the hour or two i put in it.

That's my experience. That's all I can give. But to ALWAYS have any opinion of mine attacked with baseless accusations is frustrating to no end.

That's all I'm gone say. Sorry for venturing in to this thread.

Translation

giphy-facebook_s.jpg