Yakuza 5 - PS3 - [Fall 2015] Digital release only - Game similar to Shenmue

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Everybody else doesn't like this game. That's why it's taken 3 years for them to bring it here.

Oh..... There's a playstation exclusive that y'all will blindly hype up, even though none of you are truly fans of the series. Didn't see that coming
How many years did Shenmue take again?
How many years did the FF7 remake take again?
Yet those games are regarded highly among a vast majority of gamers.
Once again, you have no clue what you are talking about. You clearly haven't played either Yakuza, or Shenmue, or both. From the story telling, the side jobs, the combat, even the characters models, all taken from the blueprint of Shenmue.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Everybody else doesn't like this game. That's why it's taken 3 years for them to bring it here.

Oh..... There's a playstation exclusive that y'all will blindly hype up, even though none of you are truly fans of the series. Didn't see that coming

I've already stated in owning 3 of the titles of the main series. Unlike you, I actually play games that I talk about, whether I speak positive or negative about them.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I've already stated in owning 3 of the titles of the main series. Unlike you, I actually play games that I talk about, whether I speak positive or negative about them.
This guy Meach is the equivalent of a person giving Michael Jordan tips on how to shoot free throws yet has never touched a basket ball himself. He's been quoted a million times saying he would rather play on PC because the XB1 is for his kids, yet every time something looks even slightly threatening to Xbox he chimes in with the same copy and paste blind frustration and failed logic that he is known for around here.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Over here stretching for reasons to hate. Yakuza follows the same exact blue print of Shenmue, yet he pops in to hate. Go figure the game that wont be on PC or XB1 gets hated on by this guy. :snooze:

Why couldn't it be that I bought the game and didnt like it?

Why is every rebuttal with you clowns some Stan shyt?

Any shenmue fan will tell yakuza is at best a poor mans imitation.

Yes the game is made in a similar vein, no it doesn't live up to shenmue in any way.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Why couldn't it be that I bought the game and didnt like it?

Why is every rebuttal with you clowns some Stan shyt?

Any shenmue fan will tell yakuza is at best a poor mans imitation.

Yes the game is made in a similar vein, no it doesn't live up to shenmue in any way.
You criticized my comparison of the two yet you don't offer any insight into how the games are so different from one another. You literally type words just to type. I responded to your clear lack of knowledge in regards to these two games. Clearly Yakuza lived up to the hype considering that the game was never abandoned and sequels are still being made. The only difference between Yakuza and Shenmue today is that one is possibly a multiplat and one is a PS exclusive.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Google yakuza vs Shenmue and the entire first page is people saying how they are basically the same game with different storylines.

Lets try it.

http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?135728-Yakuza-The-spiritual-successor-to-shenmue

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1009588

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/shenmue-vs-yakuza-27444372/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/66899429

Seems like plenty of people agree with me. But of course their all just fanboys looking to hate on a Sony product

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You criticized my comparison of the two yet you don't offer any insight into how the games are so different from one another. You literally type words just to type. I responded to your clear lack of knowledge in regards to these two games. Clearly Yakuza lived up to the hype considering that the game was never abandoned and sequels are still being made. The only difference between Yakuza and Shenmue today is that one is possibly a multiplat and one is a PS exclusive.

They are similar in the way watch dogs and gta are similar.

But that doesn't mean the games are interchangeable as you are claiming.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:stopitslime: I looked at 2 of those links and its threads of people saying they like both games. I said the games are very similar and fans of one would like the other. You come here with the corny, "No they are nothing alike". Go ahead and tell me how they are SO different.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

@Kamikaze Revy likes to stalk people's accounts.

Go check it. I bought and played 4 due to shenmue comparisons and I couldn't even make it thought the first hour.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:stopitslime: I looked at 2 of those links and its threads of people saying they like both games. I said the games are very similar and fans of one would like the other. You come here with the corny, "No they are nothing alike". Go ahead and tell me how they are SO different.

Yakuza is more of an action game. The localization was absolutely horid. The combat was VERY different. Graphics sucked. It was just a boring not very compelling game.

There are plenty of action games that can check off all the same things on the list as uncharted, but almost NONE of them live up to the game overall.

That's what I'm saying here, don't know why that's so hard for you to get.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Kamikaze Revy likes to stalk people's accounts.

Go check it. I bought and played 4 due to shenmue comparisons and I couldn't even make it thought the first hour.
@MeachTheMonster likes to buy consoles for his children and force them to play under the name "MeachTheMonster" instead of making them a separate, child account which can be monitored and limited with parental controls, and pretend he is the one playing it when chiming in on the coli. When called out he grabs his children and holds them up in front of him to take the bullets for him.
This corny "Stalking profiles" defense is the weakest thing you've ever typed. A lot of people have their gamer tags on public display under their names here. Don't feel special because someone looked at your tag.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@MeachTheMonster likes to buy consoles for his children and force them to play under the name "MeachTheMonster" instead of making them a separate, child account which can be monitored and limited with parental controls, and pretend he is the one playing it when chiming in on the coli. When called out he grabs his children and holds them up in front of him to take the bullets for him.
This corny "Stalking profiles" defense is the weakest thing you've ever typed. A lot of people have their gamer tags on public display under their names here. Don't feel special because someone looked at your tag.

Blah blah blah.

Absolute nonsense.

Its impossible to have any type of reasonable convo with you clowns:smh:

I'm done yakuza is the perfect substitute for shenmue, which is why shenmue fans stopped asking for a sequel and all just started playing yakuza the universally critically acclaimed title loved by ALL gamers, and only disliked by Sony haters.

My bad you were right. I apologize

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Most of the people don't agree in the same level of negative nancy-ness that you do though. Plenty of folks recognize their similarities within those other forums. They're not 100% the same game, but they're definitely plenty of similarities, to which for every person that said it was nothing alike, there were still others that said that they were quite alike and most weren't saying that either was garbage. So kill that noise. But we know...we know...you have your...Reasons.:mjpls: