XXL: The Making of Cormega’s ‘The Realness’

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
I remember when The Realness came right before The Blueprint and Mega jacked Jay Zs beat for Fallen Soldiers while Jay Z jacked Megas beat for Lyrical Excercise. I always thought that was some sort of mutual salute they were giving to each other subliminally.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
This album is an underground classic and has been labelled as such since the :hamster: days.

Anyone have a list of all the albums XXL did makings of...?

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
:martin::what::dahell::beli::mindblown::rudy:

shyt is the 3rd best album after blueprint, stillmatic

:snoop: what's wrong with u nikkaz

No it aint...That album was a disappointment. Everyone had Jada as next...We were all expecting Ready To Die part 2 and that didnt happen...Jay had to come a month later and make the album we all expected Jada to make.

I'll never forget the disappointment of that album because it came out around the same time Aaliyah died. So many skippable tracks. I remember locking myself in my room with a bag of hydro cuz I was so hype....by the time I came to this track...

I felt like the album ruined my high....That hook:scust:

I'd put Eves Scorpion over that album....I'd put Clues, Professional 2 over that album.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
i was asking the question ???

IMO

jay - blueprint
nas - stillmatic
jada - kiss da game goodbye
ghost - bulletproof wallys
beanie - the reason
luda - word of mouth
wu - iron flag
--------- 2nd tier ------
mobb - infamy
fab - ghetto fab
busta - genesis
rule - pain is love
dunegon fam
ugk
d12
dmx
*mega fits in between this 2nd tier*
Its better than every album you listed

The realness n black trash are the two most ubderrated hip hop classics

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was asking the question ???

IMO

jay - blueprint
nas - stillmatic
jada - kiss da game goodbye
ghost - bulletproof wallys
beanie - the reason
luda - word of mouth
wu - iron flag
--------- 2nd tier ------
mobb - infamy
fab - ghetto fab
busta - genesis
rule - pain is love
dunegon fam
ugk
d12
dmx
*mega fits in between this 2nd tier*
You're full of terrible opinions. Thanks for reminding me to add you to the ignore list.:laff:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
No it aint...That album was a disappointment. Everyone had Jada as next...We were all expecting Ready To Die part 2 and that didnt happen...Jay had to come a month later and make the album we all expected Jada to make.

I'll never forget the disappointment of that album because it came out around the same time Aaliyah died. So many skippable tracks. I remember locking myself in my room with a bag of hydro cuz I was so hype....by the time I came to this track...

I felt like the album ruined my high....That hook:scust:

I'd put Eves Scorpion over that album....I'd put Clues, Professional 2 over that album.

:yeshrug: to each is own

sounds more like u set unrealistic bar for jada

this joint >>> any off the realness

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Its better than every album you listed

The realness n black trash are the two most ubderrated hip hop classics

like i said to the other dude

to each is own
-real solid album nothing special :yeshrug:

You're full of terrible opinions. Thanks for reminding me to add you to the ignore list.:laff:

giphy.gif

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Cormega has to be one of my own under looked favorites.....I hadn't heard much of him in that summer of 2001, asides from 'Affirmative Action' and a few verses here and there, maybe 'fukk Nas', but his name was everywhere on the forums, anyone up on the NY scene was fukking with Cormega. Way out in San Diego, as a kid in sophmore year of high school, no one I knew was fukking with Cormega. I'm reading stories in XXL about him, interviews, and finally I see 'Get Out My Way' drop, and I had a real audio file, as soon as that Bleek sample hit, and the beat dropped, I was in.

I remember reading at least a dozen track by track reviews on SOHH, and another site, and I had to get that one. You remember when you are a kid, and so broke, you don't even know where any little money you had came from? Somehow I came up with 15$ or so, and I copped this from Wherehouse Music, and just instantly loved it. I had to take summer school because I failed math, I had to walk like 2 miles every day, I used to run this in my headphones, the rawness and street edge of 'Thun & Kicko', the prophetic 'They Forced My Hand', (I sniffed so much coke I froze with nose bleeds) the ominous 'Killaz Theme', the heartfelt bittersweetness of 'Glory Days', i couldn't really comprehend that I'd really feel like that one day, all friends gone, eras vanished into years past....

Cormega is like a summer tradition for me, next year 'The True Meaning' which I probably prefer, dropped, and I could write another essay about the power of that music, the memories tied to it, and lifes lived to that soundtrack.

Lurking Class Hero

Medicine for loneliness
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always liked this album but never loved it. To this day I jusf see it as a good albium. I don't see what raises it to classic or near classic status.