Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29, 2022)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Monica's daughter is about one of the worst characters in a game I've seen. Calling your mother bytchqueen? They couldn't localize this character better than that?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game has had some cool moments here and there but I feel like it's progressively become less and less interesting as it's gone on. I think I'll buckle down and try to finish it soon because my interest in it is waning and I could probably end up pausing on this like I did Chronicles X and just never returning to it. I was most invested around the time the party become Ouroboros right as they first met and joined. I can tell that half the party has roots in Xenoblade 1 based on their races and playstyles and the other half is Xenoblade 2. Also obviously I know who the two queens are just by the voice actors and looking at them.

The story segments and animation is like 10/10 the actual gameplay is low key kind of boring. I might just watch the rest of the story on youtube or something, i don’t have the motivation to grind and do more hero quest

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
if yal stop treating the shyt like pokemon, play on hard, and actually progress the game you wouldn't be wondering why you're so left out and aimless.

meanwhile everyone who here who beat it WONT SAY shyt because it has one of the high points in the entire series in this game lmao

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Is it necessary to level up every class? Or should I just focus on certain classes. Like I don’t see a point in leveling up Noah in a medic class, or am I missing something?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Is it necessary to level up every class? Or should I just focus on certain classes. Like I don’t see a point in leveling up Noah in a medic class, or am I missing something?
Honestly, it doesn't matter that much at all. Especially not early on.

You'll get additional skills from those adjacent class types, but unless you've settled on a primary class/build for a character, the benefits don't make sense to prioritize.

Its a play how you want type of thing for sure. Its probably the main way people burn themselves out too. On top of that, its easier to level those classes when you're not overleveled as well. So halting your progress through the game to chase that stuff quickly leads to you creating extra work for yourself.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m 50 hours in give or take and still on ch.3
I just be roaming around leveling the classes and doing side missions. This game is straight flames.

But I fukked up and copped Trails of Cold Steele 3 so now my time is divided between those two not including the games I have in rotation

And I got some breh pestering me about a gamespass a nikka don’t time for all that :mjlol:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Honestly, it doesn't matter that much at all. Especially not early on.

You'll get additional skills from those adjacent class types, but unless you've settled on a primary class/build for a character, the benefits don't make sense to prioritize.

Its a play how you want type of thing for sure. Its probably the main way people burn themselves out too. On top of that, its easier to level those classes when you're not overleveled as well. So halting your progress through the game to chase that stuff quickly leads to you creating extra work for yourself.
Oh ok. When the game tells me I’m at level 10 of a class and it advises me to switch classes, I be think g if I miss out on a class I’m a get stuck or make the game harder.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Oh ok. When the game tells me I’m at level 10 of a class and it advises me to switch classes, I be think g if I miss out on a class I’m a get stuck or make the game harder.
Its wasted CP once you hit that max class level, but CP really ain't that hard to come by. That drought is only felt when you're significantly over-leveled.

If there's ever a point where you're looking to level a class quickly, then just search out a unique/boss type of enemy that's at or above your level, finish it with a chain attack overkill, and rinse and repeat.

The hardest thing to manage is getting hero classes over to the rest of your characters aside from the one that starts with that hero's class. Same process works but it's just gonna take a little longer.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The story segments and animation is like 10/10 the actual gameplay is low key kind of boring. I might just watch the rest of the story on youtube or something, i don’t have the motivation to grind and do more hero quest
The story actually does pick up at the end of Chapter 4 and I’m into chapter 6 now. The game damn near plays itself. If I put the characters into their ideal roles I can sit the controller down and once a boss is about half health pick it up start a chain attack and end their life bar.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The story actually does pick up at the end of Chapter 4 and I’m into chapter 6 now. The game damn near plays itself. If I put the characters into their ideal roles I can sit the controller down and once a boss is about half health pick it up start a chain attack and end their life bar.

The big chain attacks kind of reminds me of the ff12’s quickening attacks how you could get to a point to just chain them indefinitely

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I gotta close this playthrough out. Almost 60 hours and experiencing burnout. I've not done that many side quest but I have all the heroes except the 2 post game ones, the one that looks like a ninja and the one that looks like a big robot. I can now go to the final dungeon.

I think this would have been better served cutting ties to the previous 2 games entirely because so far the other games are pretty much loosely connected and feels more like fanservice than essential plot. I like the cast well enough. Love Eunie who was probably my favorite character.

Props to Nintendo for being the only one of the 3 hardware makers to even fund and produce a game like this anymore even though I still distinctly remember Nintendo of Europe dragging the entire company by the balls and localizing the original game themselves and only being able to buy it at Gamestop because of an internet fan campaign.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok they went overboard. A 5 hour final dungeon and this last boss has several forms and all these cut scenes of people spitting anime self-determined gibberish and interruptions in the fight. The first form alone and cut scenes were at least 25-30 minutes. Plus I hear if you die at any point you have to restart at the beginning of the boss fight.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
So I reallllllly took my time with this game. Almost 200 hrs beating the main story and still got some more side content left to do :russ:
But great game. Story is very good I would say. Pacing felt really good compared to what we get to JRPG's nowadays. Comparing this pacing to Tales of Arise it's liike :skip: I think the twists in this game are phenomenal and beat out those from 1 and 2. I rarely get freaked out when playing story driven games but yea they hit the mark on 2 very particular ones. I do think villians in this game were a step down from 2. N was great imo as a villian, but everyone else wasn't anything much worth noting tbh.

The characters were phenomenal. This is why I prefer small cast sizes like we got here. Obviously Noah and Mio were gonna get the most focus, but everyone had their own individual arcs. Also, imo all the hero quests were very well written. Both the ones to unlock them and to unlock the ability to get to level 20 for them.

Regarding the side quests, the game still has the issue of way way too many side quests. But this is the best out of the 3 in terms feeling rewarded for doing the side quests. In 1+2 you don't really interact with people from different locations outside of those important to the main story. Here you can see these named NPC's have their own little story that continues from one side quest to another. Reminds me of a lot of trails in this sense.

The music was great as expected. :wow:Exploration is about the same here. It does feel rewarding finding some new areas, but some areas are too big still. Still never really bothered me tho.

Gameplay might be THE selling point of the game. I played it on hard and it was a lil tough at first. But once you get to swordmarch combat really opens up for you. SMASH in chain attacks is pretty OP in this game once you get the right builds going. Also, the amount of customization and options you get here is amazing. This is the first xenoblade game where healers are important. That was a nice change assuming you don't grind an item that lets non healers revive party members.

Tbh I was just fukking around with moving each character to a different class once they maxed a class. Still going to work on what optimization with the main cast and heroes will work when the challenge mode comes next week.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I will also add that the English dub is very good. Eunie and N in particular make it well worth it. I do want to check out the JP voices in a quick main story run tho.