Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29, 2022)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
2 blows the doors off the first one man
Except for the main cast, the antagonists, the story events (there's nothing in 2 that even sniffs the insanity of what happened with Melia and the High Entia), and the fact that there's no gacha mechanics.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Except for the main cast, the antagonists, the story events (there's nothing in 2 that even sniffs the insanity of what happened with Melia and the High Entia), and the fact that there's no gacha mechanics.
Main cast is much more well rounded in 2 compared to 1. Each of them gets solid development at the very least. Compared to 1 where it’s just Shulk and Melia. I’d argue Mythra > Shulk in terms of characters who are the vocal point in the games.

Amalthus, Jin & Malos were all phenomenal villains. XC 1 villains were good too except the final boss. That was a giant step down from Egil and Metal Face.

Both games are about the same level to me. Tho 2’s combat is still great to come back. 1’s is still clunky at best. Altho 1 does have higher highs last time I played them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Main cast is much more well rounded in 2 compared to 1. Each of them gets solid development at the very least. Compared to 1 where it’s just Shulk and Melia. I’d argue Mythra > Shulk in terms of characters who are the vocal point in the games.

Amalthus, Jin & Malos were all phenomenal villains. XC 1 villains were good too except the final boss. That was a giant step down from Egil and Metal Face.

Both games are about the same level to me. Tho 2’s combat is still great to come back. 1’s is still clunky at best. Altho 1 does have higher highs last time I played them.
Of course people will have their own personal taste but the general consensus is Xenoblade is superior to Xenoblade 2. It's considered so much superior that the remake is also considered better than Xenoblade 2 both having came out after and being a remake.

I have all types of outlier opinions on many things but you won't see me passing it off like it's anything but that. If breh is gonna be a condescending fukk he could at least be on the right side of the issue and have some sort of general support other than his own hot take.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
No your take is trash. The general consensus doesn't even back you on that users or critics.
Xenoblade 92, 89, 89
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition for Switch Reviews

Xenobalde 2 83.83
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for Switch Reviews

The original Xenoblade is a classic. The sequel is a great game.
relying on metacritic and aggregate sites to make your points for you is typical :unimpressed:

go ahead and tell folks how metal face is better than jin :dead: how the combat system in 1 is better than 2. how the open spaces stand out more in the OG. how the party is better, etc

the entire cast of xb1 is one note characters.

i want to see you try to do it :mjgrin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
relying on metacritic and aggregate sites to make your points for you is typical :unimpressed:

go ahead and tell folks how metal face is better than jin :dead: how the combat system in 1 is better than 2. how the open spaces stand out more in the OG. how the party is better, etc

the entire cast of xb1 is one note characters.

i want to see you try to do it :mjgrin:
You trying to dismiss general consensuses and elevate your own opinion to some higher plane is typical.

Me and you we disagree. We won't ever see eye to eye on anything it so what's the point of arguing about it? Obvious next step is ok what's the overall consensus? More people agree with me that 1 is better than 2. Problem solved.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
This is the big one i've been waiting for:blessed:...some how some way some how i am gonna play a new game plus on xenoblade 2:mjgrin:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
nikkas really think 1 was better? Story maybe gameplay no characters about even........the gameplay even though confusing until like chapter 7 lol once it clicked in 2 it was piff.

The gameplay in 1 what u got the first hour or 2 is what u were stuck with until the end:scust: and the story only got interesting at the end....very good last chapters but felt like a chore at first.