Xcloud is now Live on Xbox (beta) 6/28/21 ( the power of the cloud!)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Kids don’t know how good they have it man
13 year old me would have a blast with this :mjcry:

i would’ve have failed school. I was happy af playing a damn game boy color for hours. No way I could have 100s of games at my finger tips, in HD, and rechargeable batteries.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna get a Fire HD 8 to try it out. My phone is a Huawei Honor 8X which I bought last year thinking it had dual band support(which it stated online) but the particular model number I bought doesn't have 5GHZ which is necessary for this. Xcloud and other streaming game services are unplayable on 2.4ghz. It literally lags with a standstill image or disconnects immediately while on the Ipad when it was available worked smooth as hell.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna get a Fire HD 8 to try it out. My phone is a Huawei Honor 8X which I bought last year thinking it had dual band support(which it stated online) but the particular model number I bought doesn't have 5GHZ which is necessary for this. Xcloud and other streaming game services are unplayable on 2.4ghz. It literally lags with a standstill image or disconnects immediately while on the Ipad when it was available worked smooth as hell.

Hmm idk man, I played metro for about 45 mins or so last night to test out any improvements or if things got worse and I played it over 4g, with very minimal delay, and never disconnected one. And 4g isn't quite 2ghz if I recall correctly?

There was about quarter of a second delay, so I would never try to play anything competitive with it currently.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I finally was able to try this on a legitimate phone(Moto G Power) as my previous phone for some odd reason didn't support Wireless AC. Just from the get go it's practically perfect. No perceptible lag and no audio issues. The last device I tried on was an Android tablet which for some odd reason wasn't playing as smooth and kept having audio cut outs/stutters.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I finally was able to try this on a legitimate phone(Moto G Power) as my previous phone for some odd reason didn't support Wireless AC. Just from the get go it's practically perfect. No perceptible lag and no audio issues. The last device I tried on was a Android tablet which for some odd reason wasn't playing as smooth and kept having audio cut outs/stutters.
200.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Upgraded games
ARK
Call of the Sea
Conan Exiles
CrossCode
Dark Alliance
Dead by Daylight
Descenders
Desperados III
Destiny 2
Dirt 5
Elder Scrolls Online
For Honor
Gears 5
Gears Tactics
GONNER2
Grounded
Halo MCC
Haven
Human Fall Flat
Maneater
Minecraft Dungeons
MLB The Show
Morkredd
No Mans Sky
Ori 2
Outriders
Planet Coaster
Rainbow Six Siege
Sea of Thieves
Second Extinction
Stellaris
SoD 2
Subnautica
SUPERHOT MIND CONTROL DELETE
The Falconeer
The Touryst
The Wild at Heart
Warhammer Vemintide 2
We Happy Few
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Yakuza like a dragon
Yes Your Grace
Zombie Army 4
Gonna go try this ASAP. Exciting :ohlawd:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need this with browser support yesterday:beli:
I just tried this with a few games like Halo 5, Halo MCC and Gears 5 and it was okay. There was some noticeable input lag and the image quality wasn't that great since it was capped at 1080P.

i then remembered I never tried Stadia pro so I signed up for the free trial and claimed the free games.

Man, what a night and day difference. Stadia Pro at 4K felt as if I was playing a native game on a console. I tried Hotline Miami 2 and a few other indie games and the controls were very responsive with barely if any perceptible lag. I can tell when a game has input lag and here it wasn't noticeable at all . It wasn't like others where it's noticeable but it's playable but instead it was not noticeable. On Xcloud I could tell it was streaming obviously from the IQ but the lag when aiming made the game feel off.

Image quality was amazing as well. That had to be the best I've ever experience with online game streaming. If Xcloud can match that with the library it offers it'd be crazy.