Xbox Series X UI to be 1080p instead of 4K.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
PS5 advantages over SX:

Cheaper

More portable

Better looking

More powerful hardware

More basic internal storage

More available games from launch

Better backwards compatibility

Better forward compatibility

More 1st party AAA studios

Better subscription service

Better USB port

Higher resolution UI

Sony got us eating good huh fellas :flabbynsick:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Making the UI in 4k is not gonna tax the hardware, they just didn't give a fukk or forgot to do it

Nah it does though. I remember reading an article about it on the 1x. Apparently it takes up around 1GB of Ram for the 4k rendering. They decided to give that extra GB to the games....

I don't think they "forgot to do it" - it was a calculated decision. I'll see if I can pull up the old article

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
PS5 advantages over SX:

Cheaper

More portable

Better looking

More powerful hardware

More basic internal storage

More available games from launch

Better backwards compatibility

Better forward compatibility

More 1st party AAA studios

Better subscription service

Better USB port

Higher resolution UI

Sony got us eating good huh fellas :flabbynsick:
Q0Pw81F.png

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
These xbox evangelists confuse me on what they feel is important and what is not....

Is it Oochie Walley or One Mic?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Pro does output in 4K.
Digital Foundry: Every PS4 Pro native 4K game tested
This is from Jan 2017, there's loads more. the UI is in 4K also.

lmao, of course it outputs in 4k, it only outputs 1080p and 4k, that's why they need the checkboard PRO games to 4k resolution so it outputs, the ps4 doesn't support 1440p output

I have persona 5 royal I know it's native 4k, but thats a ps3 game basically, stop with the semantics PRO doesn't have any 4k games,

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah it does though. I remember reading an article about it on the 1x. Apparently it takes up around 1GB of Ram for the 4k rendering. They decided to give that extra GB to the games....

I don't think they "forgot to do it" - it was a calculated decision. I'll see if I can pull up the old article

That said that for the X Box One X which it still doesn't make any sense, since the game and the UI don't run at the same time, it's not like a PC that has borderless window mode where you desktop is active while the game is running in full screen

but we're talking about the series x, they could easily made the GUI 4k

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lmao, of course it outputs in 4k, it only outputs 1080p and 4k, that's why they need the checkboard PRO games to 4k resolution so it outputs, the ps4 doesn't support 1440p output

I have persona 5 royal I know it's native 4k, but thats a ps3 game basically, stop with the semantics PRO doesn't have any 4k games,
This is complete nonsense.

The Pro does checkerboard or dynamic rendering for some games. Every game doesn't render the same way. The PS4 itself doesn't support 1440P output(for the OS) but there are 1440P rendered titles like TLOU 2 or UC4.

Resolution-wise, we're looking at an evolution of the same engine that delivered Uncharted 4, so it comes as little surprise to see that the same basic presentation is delivered. We'd already noted that PlayStation 4 Pro runs at a native 1440p (albeit aliasing-free thanks to one of the best TAA solutions on the market) but it's nice to confirm that the base PS4 delivers the full 1920x1080 resolution we've come to expect. The highly effective HDR solution is identical on both systems, and we can also confirm that whether your Pro is set to 1080p or 4K output, you're getting the same internal 1440p pixel-count.
The Last of Us Part 2: performance tested on PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro

Digital Foundry: Every PS4 Pro native 4K game tested

Last edited: