Xbox Series S Won’t Play Xbox One X Enhancements.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm confused, does this mean 4K games on Xbox 1 X won't be in 4K on the Series S?

Like, Halo 5 is dynamic 4K60fps on XB1X, that same performance should be 4K/60fps on the Series S right? Since that was the base improvement over the original Xbox.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well obviously it’s not as powerful as the X.
It's not as powerful as the series x but its alot more powerful than the one x going by the specs.

It's just strange that they are saying that the series s will be running enhanced versions of the base xbox 1 when it should be powerful enough to run one x enhancements.

I understand that this wont be running next gen games at the fidelity of the series x, but its strange that it likely wont outperform the one x with last generation games. Its certainly capable of doing that, so what's the problem?

:patrice:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's not as powerful as the series x but its alot more powerful than the one x going by the specs.

It's just strange that they are saying that the series s will be running enhanced versions of the base xbox 1 when it should be powerful enough to run one x enhancements.

I understand that this wont be running next gen games at the fidelity of the series x, but its strange that it likely wont outperform the one x with last generation games. Its certainly capable of doing that, so what's the problem?

:patrice:
That’s not what the link says at all.

I think y’all all dumb :snoop:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This console can’t play Xbox One X enhancements but apparently it won’t hold back next gen at all. Lol okay.

I remember when Xbox One wasn’t going to hold back the Series X until Craig showed up so forgive me if I’m sceptical. This shyt would be funny if only Xbots suffered but it’s going to affect us all :francis:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
The only thing it doesn't have is 4k resolution but that's expected for a console specifically built to target people who don't give shyt about 4k.

Why are these same people then going to rush out to buy a console at launch to play the same games they can play on their current console. I don't get the pitch "this console is for people who don't care about upgrades"?

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That’s not what the link says at all.

I think y’all all dumb :snoop:

What does the link say?

Because im getting the same idea as 5n0man.

Xbox Series S will run current generation console games in Xbox One S mode and not Xbox One X mode.

For example, games like Resident Evil 3, DMC 5, Dark Souls, Halo Master Chief Collection etc. will run with the frame rate and resolution caps of the Xbox One S versions of the game and not the Xbox One X versions. In addition, for titles such as Red Dead 1, Call of Duty 4 and other titles from the Xbox 360 era and earlier will also 'only' run the Xbox One S versions of the games and not the 4K enhanced Xbox One X versions.

Basically, Series S wont run any Xbox One X enhanced titles. It will run Xbox One S versions of games with minor visual upgrades and Xbox Series X games with major visual downgrades. Its the in-between console for the low.

I made a post about this in the 'How Will the Series S Affect Next Gen Multi's and the Series X?' thread a couple of days ago. Got confirmation to my theory real quick.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm confused, does this mean 4K games on Xbox 1 X won't be in 4K on the Series S?

Like, Halo 5 is dynamic 4K60fps on XB1X, that same performance should be 4K/60fps on the Series S right? Since that was the base improvement over the original Xbox.
You know how games have the "optimized for Xbox One X" label? Those enhancements won't be available on the Series S. It will default to the regular Xbox one S profile I guess.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What does the link say?

Xbox Series S will run current generation console games in Xbox One S mode and not Xbox One X mode.

For example, games like Resident Evil 3, DMC 5, Dark Souls, Halo Master Chief Collection etc. will run with the frame rate and resolution caps of the Xbox One S versions of the game and not the Xbox One X versions. In addition, for titles such as Red Dead 1, Call of Duty 4 and other titles from the Xbox 360 era and earlier will also 'only' run the Xbox One S versions of the games and not the 4K enhanced Xbox One X versions.

Basically, Series S wont run any Xbox One X enhanced titles. It will run Xbox One S versions of games with minor visual upgrades and Xbox Series X games with major visual downgrades. Its the in-between console for the low.

I made a post about this in the 'How Will the Series S Affect Next Gen Multi's and the Series X?' thread a couple of days ago. Got confirmation to my theory real quick.
Not my fault y’all can’t read and/or are some dummies :manny:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
9QRrvYA.jpg

disrespectful! :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does the link say?

That sucks. I expected it to run Xbox one X mode but resolution capped. So Halo MCC or 5 will basically run at sub 1080P? The fukk?

Daps
That sucks. I expected it to run Xbox one X mode but resolution capped. So Halo MCC or 5 will basically run at sub 1080P? The fukk?
This is why I only want MS acting as a strong competitive force rather than becoming market leader
They will inject and ruin the industry with their fukkery if they become market leader