XBOX ONE S All-Digital Edition is Giving Me the Sweetest Taboo

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I buy 4K dvds all the time. (Most, if not all, come with digital copies as well)
There loads of info online about how 4K looks better on disc and the audio is much better.
I sent regular blu rays to the bushes though.
I stream all of that.
Loads of fake news you mean :stopitslime: You see, once upon a time about 8yrs ago nikkaz said the same about bluray. Mkv made checkerboard bluray a thing but we 15yrs from getting bluray quality via a stream.
And 4k streaming? Forgetaboutit :bryan: then the big companies decided to fake 4K and now you can buy a 4k set from Wal-Mart for sub 300 :dahell: they already talking 8k, I call bullshyt..
In regard to the OP...
This news shouldn't surprise anyone.
The future is digital.
Physical media is obsolete and is on its last legs.
For me, once the audio and video quality of 4K streaming improves I'm done with all physical media.
My disc collection is out of hand as is. All that wall space covered with book cases full of movies and games isn't appealing to me anymore.
I'll keep what I have because I'm a collector, but at this point I'm not interested in amassing any significant amount of more physical media. :manny:
Who is this, must be a clone :ohhh:
I agree with you on this. I'm not trying to add anymore physical dvd that's not necessary. Only reason would be as a collection. Like I have every Simpsons season boxset that was released. Obviously the whole digital thing didn't come until after so if they release more boxsets, I'm not gonna be like oh I might as well stop collecting halfway thru cuz I can get it digitally. Same with my Bond movie collection. Digital is cool and all but having physical is beneficial at times.
You know how you'll look at a vhs tape like :picard:

And you know how like a grandmother will still rock a vhs player..sounding like you in this thread :francis:
If you have kids they'll hook you up for Christmas when that bytch is sub-$100 :mjlit:
How do u have more consoles releases than exclusives? :mjlol:
Says the guy who won't have anything to see that's "new" until E3 2020 :laff:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Loads of fake news you mean :stopitslime: You see, once upon a time about 8yrs ago nikkaz said the same about bluray. Mkv made checkerboard bluray a thing but we 15yrs from getting bluray quality via a stream.
And 4k streaming? Forgetaboutit :bryan: then the big companies decided to fake 4K and now you can buy a 4k set from Wal-Mart for sub 300 :dahell: they already talking 8k, I call bullshyt..

Who is this, must be a clone :ohhh:

You know how you'll look at a vhs tape like :picard:

And you know how like a grandmother will still rock a vhs player..sounding like you in this thread :francis:
If you have kids they'll hook you up for Christmas when that bytch is sub-$100 :mjlit:

Says the guy who won't have anything to see that's "new" until E3 2020 :laff:
I will be playing mlb the show & days gone

I’m good breh breh

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I will be playing mlb the show & days gone

I’m good breh breh
So that's all you'll be playing from now til 2020 :dahell:

giphy.gif

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
In regard to the OP...
This news shouldn't surprise anyone.
The future is digital.
Physical media is obsolete and is on its last legs.
For me, once the audio and video quality of 4K streaming improves I'm done with all physical media.
My disc collection is out of hand as is. All that wall space covered with book cases full of movies and games isn't appealing to me anymore.
I'll keep what I have because I'm a collector, but at this point I'm not interested in amassing any significant amount of more physical media. :manny:

Don't hold your breath on this one. I have yet to see a 4K stream anywhere (cable, Kodi, anything) that comes anywhere close to a UHD BR. I had to start streaming uncompressed rips off my NAS to get decent quality. 8K and ISPs on that bullshyt will likely make shyt worse not better.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
4K streaming is not up to par with local physical media.
I have seen it first hand, and there's plenty of info online from multiple sources that say the same thing.
For a person with a high quality 4K TV and a solid surround sound system, 4K UHD discs is the best way to go right now.
Those sub $300 4K sets at Walmart do not give you real 4K with real HDR.
Similar to how PS4Pro doesn't give you "real" 4K.
These manufacturers have been false advertising and misleading people for years. It's almost the sort of thing that the government should step in a regulate since its being abused so much (and I am usually against more regulation). If a product's packaging says 4K and HDR10 on it, it should meet certain standard requirements, otherwise they should be forced to called it something completely different.
The main point is, 4K blu rays look and sound better than 4K streaming.
And just because that $300 tv at walmart says 4K it doesn't mean it looks anything close to real 4K.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Me personally, I don't have anything against going digital. If and when they do go full digital, they gotta have at least a decent refund system. Not everybody wanna download a game and it comes out bricking your console. Games are being shipped not finished more and more and I need all that back pronto. :hhh:

My whole thing with physicals is the fact that unlimited/uncapped internet is not available everywhere even though the internet is a utility. ISPs out here charging a arm and a leg when you don't wanna include their trash cable services, and overcharge when you go over your limit, which makes me stay copping physicals till I'm forced to go digital or ISPs get they shyt together.
Overcharging you $10 per GB over your limit. nikka please. :what:

And I'm pretty sure if ISPs could look at this post, they be on some :mjgrin::mjlol::umad:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have seen it first hand, and there's plenty of info online from multiple sources that say the same thing.
For a person with a high quality 4K TV and a solid surround sound system, 4K UHD discs is the best way to go right now.
These manufacturers have been false advertising and misleading people for years. It's almost the sort of thing that the government should step in a regulate since its being abused so much (and I am usually against more regulation). If a product's packaging says 4K and HDR10 on it, it should meet certain standard requirements, otherwise they should be forced to called it something completely different.
And just because that $300 tv at walmart says 4K it doesn't mean it looks anything close to real 4K.

I don't know why you bother explain to the guy who bought a used mattress and don't have 4K, Xbox One X, etc. Just save your energy.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't know why you bother explain to the guy who bought a used mattress and don't have 4K, Xbox One X, etc. Just save your energy.
I expended about 0.5% of my total chakra typing that. :DAIGOSABU:
I'm sitting at my boring 9-5 desk job right now. Talking with people on the coli helps time pass quicker. :manny:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
My uncle gave me a Zelda cardboard cutout for Majors Mask , It was a BIG display for Walmart and had a hologram on it

I couldn’t only imagine how much it would be worth now :snoop:
:damn: Zelda too, enthusiast would have been like :gladbron:
You started off like you hip then you end it on some unhip shyt :snoop:
I don't know how the Wal-Mart's are in Costa Rica...but my local Wal-Mart has a variety of tv's on display. From oled to Sylvania 720p. So you talking like you never been in a Wal-Mart :gucci: the videos they run in native 4k..at first was the same videos they ran to show off 1080p. Not many people caught shyt like that. And you can't do research :stop: you gotta personally buy every type of 4k set then hookup a PS4pro and a 1X and do a comparison, not my rules :hubie:
Me personally, I don't have anything against going digital. If and when they do go full digital, they gotta have at least a decent refund system. Not everybody wanna download a game and it comes out bricking your console. Games are being shipped not finished more and more and I need all that back pronto. :hhh:

My whole thing with physicals is the fact that unlimited/uncapped internet is not available everywhere even though the internet is a utility. ISPs out here charging a arm and a leg when you don't wanna include their trash cable services, and overcharge when you go over your limit, which makes me stay copping physicals till I'm forced to go digital or ISPs get they shyt together.
Overcharging you $10 per GB over your limit. nikka please. :what:

And I'm pretty sure if ISPs could look at this post, they be on some :mjgrin::mjlol::umad:
I just see a lot of fake fear in this post. First you start talking about how am unfinished game might brick your system :dwillhuh:

Then the isp scare angle :mjlol: you begin that with "well uncapped isn't available everywhere" which is a round about way of saying you got boost mobile internet. Every major internet provider (and they everywhere) does not penalize you for gaming related data. They can see you know. They tend to clamp down if you're up to no good or trying to get around paying for shyt. Otherwise they don't give a shyt for the most part. That is America. Now if you fukk up and you are forced to improvise your cable situation is when these caps might be an issue. What I say to that is you can't expect the evolution of technology to move at the pace of your pockets:yeshrug: games are already at 100gb and we about to move into 5G so you're just ignorant to the very near future (Story Tru)