XBOX ONE S All-Digital Edition is Giving Me the Sweetest Taboo

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Tbh I don't know where Microsoft is going with this.

As an owner of Xbox One S, two of the features I do use is backwards compatibility and the 4k bluray.

I also hope that they upgrade the wifi chip/ethernet modem with the one on the X console because the S' wifi is trash

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
nikkas still using physical?:dahell: Only time I buy physical is if the deal is too good to pass up. Ex Injustice 2 Legendary Edition was $60 digital but I got the physical version at GameStop for $25. :whew:Aside from those scenarios it’s all digital for me and been that way since I started playing on this gen. :hubie:
I was buying physical but digital easier to manage

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'm wondering how this works for media. Like why would someone buy this console to play games and then have to buy another device to play movies? Or is that going digital also?
The market is going digital, is digital at this point :francis:
No but I have old boxsets of tv shows and movies that are in dvd format. Not everything is released digitally.
That's what nikkaz who care about box sets think, everything online man and available for free if you know how to look for shyt.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm wondering how this works for media. Like why would someone buy this console to play games and then have to buy another device to play movies? Or is that going digital also?
I believe @Rekkapryde is the most qualified to answer this considering daddy Sony refused to put a 4K blu ray player in the PS4. :DAIGOCOURT:
Speaking of which.... @mannyrs13 do you have an XB1X? :DAIGOCOFFEE:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
In regard to the OP...
This news shouldn't surprise anyone.
The future is digital.
Physical media is obsolete and is on its last legs.
For me, once the audio and video quality of 4K streaming improves I'm done with all physical media.
My disc collection is out of hand as is. All that wall space covered with book cases full of movies and games isn't appealing to me anymore.
I'll keep what I have because I'm a collector, but at this point I'm not interested in amassing any significant amount of more physical media. :manny:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I believe @Rekkapryde is the most qualified to answer this considering daddy Sony refused to put a 4K blu ray player in the PS4. :DAIGOCOURT:
I have the regular xbox 1. Which I barely use these days.

I see everyone's point that they going digital now but if only they would've told us that years ago before people stayed buying dvd. :francis:

But now it's not the same as the old transition. Like before it was easy to convert vhs to dvd. But do they have ways to convert dvd to digital? I'm guessing they must have some drm settings on the discs to prevent that. Even still it's not the same.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
In regard to the OP...
This news shouldn't surprise anyone.
The future is digital.
Physical media is obsolete and is on its last legs.
For me, once the audio and video quality of 4K streaming improves I'm done with all physical media.
My disc collection is out of hand as is. All that wall space covered with book cases full of movies and games isn't appealing to me anymore.
I'll keep what I have because I'm a collector, but at this point I'm not interested in amassing any significant amount of more physical media. :manny:

I agree with you on this. I'm not trying to add anymore physical dvd that's not necessary. Only reason would be as a collection. Like I have every Simpsons season boxset that was released. Obviously the whole digital thing didn't come until after so if they release more boxsets, I'm not gonna be like oh I might as well stop collecting halfway thru cuz I can get it digitally. Same with my Bond movie collection. Digital is cool and all but having physical is beneficial at times.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

nikkaz stream now. fukk 4k bluray discs.

If digi was cheaper on console I'd do that too exclusively.

Damn shame I had a x1x before the hardcore larrybots on here