Xbox One interface is clean, uncluttered, and poweful

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
At the time of the PS3, from what I understand Sony was like how the US Goverment was before 9/11. FBI and CIA and all the other agencies didn't share info with each other. This is why when the PS4 was designed they went the post 9/11 US Goverment and everybody got in on the act. So Ken Kutaragi had carte blance on the PS3 because of the PS2. He made all the design decisions, as perviously mentioned the PS4 is made with more than one mind.
I don't doubt any of this, but I still think m$ is more software centric and Sony more hardware.

It shows in the decisions made for the new systems as well

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So @Rekkapryde you are claiming the PS4 can multitask as well as the X1?

What I'm saying is that the Vita does so already, so it's safe to assume the PS4 will as well.

As far as multitasking "better", what constitutes better? Why would you have 3/4 games open and running at one time?

Seamless multitasking would be all I'm looking for.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Lets pose this scenario lets say your are traveling are you able to play with your girlfriend online and watch her with Skype while you are kicking her ass without it affecting gameplay?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lets pose this scenario lets say your are traveling are you able to play with your girlfriend online and watch her with Skype while you are kicking her ass without it affecting gameplay?

They know that multitasking feature is great, but they'll try to downplay it cause ps4 can't do it.

@Fatboi1 was just complaining the other week about how he couldn't play his game and watch the Sony tgs confrence at the same time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:glad
They know that multitasking feature is great, but they'll try to downplay it cause ps4 can't do it.

@Fatboi1 was just complaining the other week about how he couldn't play his game and watch the Sony tgs confrence at the same time.
You keep saying multitasking is something the PS4 can't do when it's been shown to you countless times. Is multitasking not simply having more than one application running??
The Xbox One can run four apps at the same time in the background. Switching between them is not unlike how it would work on your mobile phone. It's instant. Hitting the X button on the controller takes you back to your home screen, where you'll see four boxes that represent the apps or games running. Pick from any of them to jump right in.
So this is what you're claiming the PS4 can't do which is run more than 1 app at the same time?? Something the Vita already does?? You're most likely talking about the snap feature.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:glad

You keep saying multitasking is something the PS4 can't do when it's been shown to you countless times. Is multitasking not simply having more than one application running??

So this is what you're claiming the PS4 can't do which is run more than 1 app at the same time?? Something the Vita already does?? You're most likely talking about the snap feature.

I'm talking about running apps simultaneously. There is a differnce from how the vita handles multitasking and how your PC does it.

Xbox one is similar to your PC in that the apps are still RUNNING in the backround as apposed to being SUSPENDED in the background.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking about running apps simultaneously. There is a differnce from how the vita handles multitasking and how your PC does it.

Xbox one is similar to your PC in that the apps are still RUNNING in the backround as apposed to being SUSPENDED in the background.
Do you have a Vita? I know that when I play a game, I can have the party app RUNNING while playing the game or I can have the music or music unlimited app RUNNING whilst still playing a game.
I still don't see why you're insinuating that PS4 will not be able to do that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do you have a Vita? I know that when I play a game, I can have the party app RUNNING while playing the game or I can have the music or music unlimited app RUNNING whilst still playing a game.
I still don't see why you're insinuating that PS4 will not be able to do that.
The og Xbox could run music while playing games. I'm not talking about applications built specifically to run during gameplay. I'm talking about applications period.

I'm talking about you not being able to play a game and watch a TGS stream AT THE SAME TIME. You'd have to switch between the two.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The og Xbox could run music while playing games. I'm not talking about applications built specifically to run during gameplay. I'm talking about applications period.

I'm talking about you not being able to play a game and watch a TGS stream AT THE SAME TIME. You'd have to switch between the two.
I'm able to Skype and play games at the same time on my Vita though. It's still applications technically.

Also lets say I were gaming and a conference was coming on that I wanted to watch, wouldn't I have to actually pause the game and switch to the other app to watch it. Even if it's running in real time, i'd still have to pause the game or will I be able to use PIP?? PIP isn't really nothing groundbreaking to be honest...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm able to Skype and play games at the same time on my Vita though. It's still applications technically.

Also lets say I were gaming and a conference was coming on that I wanted to watch, wouldn't I have to actually pause the game and switch to the other app to watch it. Even if it's running in real time, i'd still have to pause the game or will I be able to use PIP?? PIP isn't really nothing groundbreaking to be honest...

It's not just about pip. If you switch away from the confrence it stops. So when you flip back you have to wait for it to load up again.