Xbox One + Cloud = :ufurious:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As far as I can tell so far, the online infrastructure for Xbox One is better than PS4. I don't think I've ever claimed any different. :yeshrug: Why are you getting so mad? I agree dedicated servers are great. They would have been great eight years ago too but better late than never I suppose.
Who is angry? Did I "scare" you somehow :wrist:
Does saying I'm angry I guess change the direction of the conversation we was having?
I was waiting on you to further elaborate on how EA was lying. I sorry if asking that made you feel intimidated but that was not my intention
And I like how you put "so far" like if sony has better but is just saving that for a special occasion :rudy:
Would you say "So far The US has a better network than Haiti"
Cuz PSN = Haitian version of XBL
You can read up on how PSN is coming along, and you can see that it isn't improving. Sony didn't think it was that important. They making more moves NOW than they have over the last 2yrs. Too little too late tho...

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Who is angry? Did I "scare" you somehow :wrist:
Does saying I'm angry I guess change the direction of the conversation we was having?
I was waiting on you to further elaborate on how EA was lying. I sorry if asking that made you feel intimidated but that was not my intention
And I like how you put "so far" like if sony has better but is just saving that for a special occasion :rudy:
Would you say "So far The US has a better network than Haiti"
Cuz PSN = Haitian version of XBL
You can read up on how PSN is coming along, and you can see that it isn't improving. Sony didn't think it was that important. They making more moves NOW than they have over the last 2yrs. Too little too late tho...
I haven't played either so I can't say in full confidence which is better on paper. If it makes you feel any better I've always thought 360 online infrastructure was better than PS3. You may have missed my edit in the last post so here is evidence that 64 player matches are possible on hardware similar to 360 if there were dedicated servers:

There were a few games early in the 360 life cycle that were released on both 360 and PC. Games like Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield 2 (this was a fairly different game on 360 as it was Battlefield 2 Modern Combat). On PC they required a minimum of 256MB and 512MB of RAM respectively. That is to say, a computer with as much RAM as a 360 could run these games (and of course that computer needed some of its RAM to run Windows). And thanks to dedicated servers, those games ran at a max of 64 players in a match. I'm just saying, it would have been nice to have 64 player matches in COD2 and BF: Modern Combat on 360. I'm not saying PC was better, I'm saying 360 versions would have been EVEN better with 64 player matches. Dedicated servers have always been beneficial outside of 1v1 matches.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I haven't played either so I can't say in full confidence which is better on paper. If it makes you feel any better I've always thought 360 online infrastructure was better than PS3. You may have missed my edit in the last post so here is evidence that 64 player matches are possible on hardware similar to 360 if there were dedicated servers:
And now we've come full circle :handshake:

Could the games have run with dedicated servers? Sure
What you was trying to get at was me a long time ago saying Dedicated servers was not needed for this gen, correct :shaq:
I still stick by that. Could we have used it, sure. Did we NEED it? I don't think so
The fun I had with games like COD/etc was great. It ended up being the most popular game this gen, in history even.
If it was bigger, maybe the casuals wouldn't have liked it as much, maybe it wouldn't have been as big of a hit?
MAG failed because of this, overall most felt it was a decent game. I was in the beta, its scale kind of turned me off of it
Like, i just want my little maps with 16bad guys to kill. Adding another 48 is scary to a player who hasn't tried that yet

This upcoming gen, console gamers are ready for that next step. I know I am
But at the same time, a game like Titanfall doesn't look like its 128players, but its the most anticipated game in the genre
The fact its not a larger world like BF4 is a PLUS. I don't want to take the ship that drops the Titans 5min to the left to the actual battlefield na mean. Another thing is, I don't think 16/32plyr games will run smoothly over non dedicated servers with these updated graphics/physics/etc. I think it'll lead to more lag, but I can't prove that. Does that factor into it Kodie?
I know bigger worlds do, and bigger worlds is just the beginning of what next gen is gonna give us....

Kodie

Pro
Daps
And now we've come full circle :handshake:

Could the games have run with dedicated servers? Sure
What you was trying to get at was me a long time ago saying Dedicated servers was not needed for this gen, correct :shaq:
I still stick by that. Could we have used it, sure. Did we NEED it? I don't think so
The fun I had with games like COD/etc was great. It ended up being the most popular game this gen, in history even.
If it was bigger, maybe the casuals wouldn't have liked it as much, maybe it wouldn't have been as big of a hit?
MAG failed because of this, overall most felt it was a decent game. I was in the beta, its scale kind of turned me off of it
Like, i just want my little maps with 16bad guys to kill. Adding another 48 is scary to a player who hasn't tried that yet

This upcoming gen, console gamers are ready for that next step. I know I am
But at the same time, a game like Titanfall doesn't look like its 128players, but its the most anticipated game in the genre
The fact its not a larger world like BF4 is a PLUS. I don't want to take the ship that drops the Titans 5min to the left to the actual battlefield na mean. Another thing is, I don't think 16/32plyr games will run smoothly over non dedicated servers with these updated graphics/physics/etc. I think it'll lead to more lag, but I can't prove that. Does that factor into it Kodie?
I know bigger worlds do, and bigger worlds is just the beginning of what next gen is gonna give us....
I just don't think it's any more necessary now than it was 8 years ago. I want it equally as much as I did then. But I suppose I'm different in that sense. Maybe you guys are more ready for it now. Maybe you guys are now where I was 8 years ago. And maybe the people that don't care about dedicated servers now and think it's not necessary will find it necessary in 8 years. That's fair. Everyone has their own idea of what's necessary in their own time.

Are you asking whether advanced physics next gen could lead to more lag? Not in the way I think you're trying to say. Physics, AI, graphics rendering, etc is not affected by network latency. For example, adding dedicated servers to Killzone 2 wouldn't affect the fact that (at launch) it polled input so infrequently that you got 200+ms input delay. Even with 0 ping, you'd still have 200+ms input delay.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I just don't think it's any more necessary now than it was 8 years ago. I want it equally as much as I did then. But I suppose I'm different in that sense. Maybe you guys are more ready for it now. Maybe you guys are now where I was 8 years ago. And maybe the people that don't care about dedicated servers now and think it's not necessary will find it necessary in 8 years. That's fair. Everyone has their own idea of what's necessary in their own time.

Are you asking whether advanced physics next gen could lead to more lag? Not in the way I think you're trying to say. Physics, AI, graphics rendering, etc is not affected by network latency. For example, adding dedicated servers to Killzone 2 wouldn't affect the fact that (at launch) it polled input so infrequently that you got 200+ms input delay. Even with 0 ping, you'd still have 200+ms input delay.
You said not in the way I'm thinking which eludes to there is a way tho. Could you elaborate on that for us Mr.Kodiewan sir :salute:

And for the 8yrs ago dedicated servers, console gamers was not complaining about maps being too small
And more players is not guaranteed a good thing. On PC in particular you have the bootleg controls of keyboard/mouse combos
Since you have unrealistic aim, people should die quicker. People dying quicker means you can kill more people in a shorter amount of time. So having more people is necessary in a way, while on consoles it should be harder to achieve John Woo status. Thus not NEEDING more players for the most part. With this new gen, the graphics are not only better, but the worlds will be larger. Which then means we'd need more players. On PC for the longest now, they've had bigger worlds to play around in while console versions had to be trimmed down to work/run properly. Adding A.I to these world via the cloud plus the more people will all require dedicated servers. Titanfall says hello :lawd:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
You said not in the way I'm thinking which eludes to there is a way tho. Could you elaborate on that for us Mr.Kodiewan sir :salute:
Yeah. You used the word "lag". Lag is an ambiguous word that generally just means "delay". So someone might refer to the Killzone issue as "input lag". But I don't think that's what you were referring to.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. You used the word "lag". Lag is an ambiguous word that generally just means "delay". So someone might refer to the Killzone issue as "input lag". But I don't think that's what you were referring to.
"lag" will have an effect on more physics and AI.
physics runs on formulas, AI runs on formulas as well and is constantly being told by the processor DO X.

the DO X, signal has to go from the processor to your player, from your player over the internet to your player on the otherside. AI when it comes to CPU controlled players/things. the same thing happens. if there is a longer delay, it will effect AI, physics. ive seen it in hoop games.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Less lag is overrated. Man, Dedicated servers are not THAT big of a deal.
Hackers invincible in the top games? Thats not a big deal either, I'm not sure if I see it and thats good enough for me!!!
Cloud sucks
Titanfall is multiplat
DS4 has a touchpad and the camera is not forced on me
I all of a sudden love killzone now
PS+ still gives me free games on the last gen system I won't be playing anymore
Battlefield 4 was singled out by IGN on PS4 but i'll just tell myself they was talking about xbox one version too
Especially since my system can do tiled resources too and the GPU does like 1.92 gigaflops of T.Flop processing :umad:
:mjlol: