Xbox One cloud servers offer equivalent to 600% AI processing boost

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
except he didnt say that. he explained how it'll be used in games such as mmorpgs -- but i guess you missed all that, right?
Yes I listen to his whole shot fired and fake punching a guy vid. And he explained how sony will use online saves etc. Then he asked ubersoft and they said the will use the cloud for online saves. Then goes on to talk about gieki then wonders how forza work since it doesn't have to be online all the time.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes I listen to his whole shot fired and fake punching a guy vid. And he explained how sony will use online saves etc. Then he asked ubersoft and they said the will use the cloud for online saves. Then goes on to talk about gieki then wonders how forza work since it doesn't have to be online all the time.
that's all you heard in the entire 11 minutes? well alright then

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the hell you want me to do write a transcript? Those the points he touch on. :stopitslime:
you skipped the part where explained how it'll be used in open world gaming -- and you still haven't proven anything he said to be untrue.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
you skipped the part where explained how it'll be used in open world gaming -- and you still haven't proven anything he said to be untrue.
What does open world gaming have anything to do with what this thread is about? Also you or him have not proven what MS is doing is false. I think I trust a Software giant rather a dude screaming shots fired on youtube.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does open world gaming have anything to do with what this thread is about? Also you or him have not proven what MS is doing is false. I think I trust a Software giant rather a dude screaming shots fired on youtube.
the thread is about cloud computing, is it not? the cloud being able to process and update your mmo envoirment while your console is off is a nice option. so chill, nobody is trying to prove MS is doing anything "wrong", calm down stanley :heh:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/01/xbox-one-cloud-servers-deliver-600-percent-extra-ai-processing-p/

"Microsoft already talked up how the cloud component of its Xbox One console will work, but now we're hearing of the benefits from the dev's side. The verdict is certainly positive so far, with Dan Greenawalt, creative director for Forza 5, extolling its virtues, citing it as a "tremendous opportunity" in a recent interview with OXM. His team has been using it to take care of a lot of the AI elements in the game -- such as its Drivatar system -- which he claims would usually take up about 10 - 20 percent of the console's processing power. By letting the cloud deal with it, however, it can spill out into much greater complexity, with Greenawalt claiming a boost equivalent to "600 percent" of the actual Xbox's brains. This, in turn, freeing up the 10 - 20 percent it would have used for something else. Bold statement, of course, but with the early signals looking good, this is one feature we're glad still made the cut."

:jawalrus:
:mjcry: it's like pooling through an old picture book. R. I. P