Xbox nikkas "we got party chat, dedicated servers"

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Those are the two reasons you say Xbox live is better right?

Because you can sit & talk to your friends & the dedicated servers?

Even though people still lag in these games that have these epic dedicated servers :laff:

Party chat is a cool feature, sure.. But let's be real here it's a small bullet point & it doesn't enhance the gaming experience at all. It does have its uses though.

& the dedicated servers.. :comeon:

If there was never lag then I'd be like okay cool that's something to brag about but I have just as many problems on Xbox 360 games online as I do with ps3 (neither happen often but it does happen)

So you nikkas basically letting Microsoft successfully market shyt that makes you be like "xbox live the goat :noah:"

But nothing they're doing is really that crazy.

When you look at it for what it really is, we're paying for the IDEA of a premium service. It really doesn't do much more or things much better than the currently FREE PSN. I don't mind paying but I'm not gonna act like its console gaming on roids like most of you are.

Do they even do ANYTHING noticibly better? Maybe security? I mean people's credit card info gets stolen on there so idk about security either, Xbox live does have less downtime though so :ehh:

I'm excited to see how the two online services compare to each other next gen, and don't come in acting like you know because YOU DON'T.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
thumbs-aloft.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The current live doesnt use dedicated servers for most games and if the x1 does have dedicated servers for all games then thats a huge blow if sony doesnt answer.

If call of duty is p2p on ps4 but dedicated servers on x1 then live is the better online service to have if you gotta pay for one

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
The current live doesnt use dedicated servers for most games and if the x1 does have dedicated servers for all games then thats a huge blow if sony doesnt answer.

If call of duty is p2p on ps4 but dedicated servers on x1 then live is the better online service to have if you gotta pay for one

Well of course, but like I said we don't know about that yet

I'm saying the Xbox nikkas are using dedicated servers as something over PSN when that's bs

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well of course, but like I said we don't know about that yet

I'm saying the Xbox nikkas are using dedicated servers as something over PSN when that's bs
Its not bullshyt my dude, dedicated servers means that one persons bad internet doesnt affect anybody else's connection, which is a big problem for p2p games this gen.

Microsoft has said that any developer can use their dedicated servers, that means every game. why wouldnt devs use that?

In my opinion dedicated servers is the single biggest shining feature that may blow the ps4 out the water

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Its not bullshyt my dude, dedicated servers means that one persons bad internet doesnt affect anybody else's connection, which is a big problem for p2p games this gen.

Microsoft has said that any developer can use their dedicated servers, that means every game. why wouldnt devs use that?

In my opinion dedicated servers is the single biggest shining feature that may blow the ps4 out the water
But there is still lag :laff: that's what I'm saying

If there wasn't lag then oh yeah it would undoubtedly be major

But dedicated servers (on 360) don't necessarily mean no lag so at the moment they are on an even paying field

And I'll repeat once again we don't know what the plan is with PS4 for that end next gen so we can speculate all we want but we gotta wait for official word

If Sony doesn't come thru they're in trouble especially cuz we gotta pay

KingT33

LWO, Raider Nation, Univ of South Central Trojans
Daps
Reppin
A suburb of Los Angeles
Taken from another forum:

I've seen a few threads lately that have had the topic of dedicated servers and there was a fair amount of misinformation and, to a certain degree, fear-mongering. I figured the best way to allay these fears was to make a thread detailing some real-world experience with dedicated servers.

-A PC Perspective

For a long time the hallmark of online pc gaming has been dedicated servers. Beyond the ability to customize the game within a server, it is generally accepted that the only way to play competitively is on a dedicated server, or LAN.

The reason for this is that dedicated servers are, well, dedicated to the basic function of hosting. In p2p online gaming the hosts machine has to run a game client and deal with the extra networking code for hosting the match. This leads to a certain degree of latency that is created within the game client, which affects overall gameplay for the players involved. To complicate things further the host's own connection to the internet add's an unnecessary amount of latency. This latency is not only occuring due to bandwidth but also because the data they're sending and receiving must 'wait in line' on the internet due to Net Neutrality.

Dedicated servers are usually maintained by company's who sole business is to provide high-quality game servers. All of these companies run on gigabit pipelines that go from anywhere between 10-40 gigabits of bandwidth. Furthermore, unlike the open internet we use many of these companies operate on private fiber-optic networks where they can prioritize traffic. Microsoft is among those companies who own and operate their own private fiber-optic network.

-But My Ping To This Server is Terrible!

It's true, sometimes your ping and even connection to a dedicated server can blow. There are quite a few reasons as to why this may be. The most prominent being:

-Your own connection blows
-The servers cannot keep up with demand
-The company hosting the servers isn't very good
-The networking code of the game is itself laggy
-Distance to the server exceeds 2000 miles

However, oftentimes it takes more than one of these factors to be present in order for there to be a detrimental effect on gameplay due to lag. For example. I can easily pwn in Blops on a server I'm 1800mi away from and ping 70ms to. That's b/c there's only one factor harming my experience: distance. Likewise, if I go to a server 1800mi away on Bad Company 2 performance is noticeably harmed b/c that games network code is adding a certain amount of lag and there's distance on top of it.
If you don't particularly believe me, I welcome you to play some Team Fortress 2 on the PC. In terms of online performance I'd say nothing comes close to Valves heavy-weight.

-Thoughts on GoW 3's Online Performance

I have no concerns about lag for Gears of War 3. For one, the occasions I had playing on a dedicated server for Gears 2 when they were doing small scale testing felt like having host. The main reason that I am not concerned is that the ongoing dialogue that seems to be going on between MLG players and Epic leads me to believe they've gotten the networking code for private matches optimized to where the disparity of host advantage and general latency will be on par or better than halo/cod.

All in all, on April 18th questions will be answered, concerns laid to rest, and anything you felt was out of balance due to latency will most likely be fixed in the five months preceding GoW3's launch.

Edit: As a side note to gaming lag in general a question about hdtv input lag was asked and answered later in this thread.

Due to questions in other threads about how to improve connections and pings I've updated this thread with an outline on methods of how to achieve this.

:yeshrug:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
nikka stfu, u havent played on any msft ded servers, gears 3 was the only exclusive exclusive to run on dedicated servers and epic ran them not msft.

We all know p2p is something we never want to use again, ded servers will blow it the water. sony better do something about that. and party chat is a great feature, if not sony wouldnt be promoting on there big screen announcements. just face it msft comes up wit online gaming ideas and sony just copies them 5/6 years later, thats what it is and thats how its gon be, japan cares nothin about online play, so they will never be ahead of the curve.

KingT33

LWO, Raider Nation, Univ of South Central Trojans
Daps
Reppin
A suburb of Los Angeles
Nothing I didn't already know. Dedicated servers > p2p on paper but if both suffer occasional lag what the fukk is the point of bragging?
Its just to justify purchases and something to backup the "my toys are better than yours" argument. I just cant wait to the consoles come out and get reviewed so then we can really have something to argue about.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
nikka stfu, u havent played on any msft ded servers, gears 3 was the only exclusive exclusive to run on dedicated servers and epic ran them not msft.

We all know p2p is something we never want to use again, ded servers will blow it the water. sony better do something about that. and party chat is a great feature, if not sony wouldnt be promoting on there big screen announcements. just face it msft comes up wit online gaming ideas and sony just copies them 5/6 years later, thats what it is and thats how its gon be, japan cares nothin about online play, so they will never be ahead of the curve.
So all this time Xbox nikkas brag about dedicated servers and Xbox live right now doesn't even use them?! :dead:

I just play games & the way these nikkas were talking I woulda thought all of the games had dedicated servers.

& lol party chat been on shyt before the Xbox my nikka you can stop with that right now