XBOX has gamepass, now they have Bethesda, xcloud, seriesX... WHAT MORE DO THEY HAVE TO DO?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Realistically starfield and elder scrolls ain’t even on the horizon.

Starfield is a 2023 game at best, and elder scrolls probably hasn’t even begun production.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I just tried the streaming on my Galaxy Tab S7. Granted, I'm in my home and I have an outstanding internet connection. However, if I didn't already know that I was streaming, I wouldn't have believed it. I would have thought it was a local feed.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
For Xbox to be the leading console this upcoming gen war, it needs to do these things :

-Lower the price to undercut the PS5.
-Release all xbox games studios exclusive to the xbox console , not even PC.
-Release critically-acclaimed GOTY contenders.

Microsoft wont do any of these because it doesnt fit their gameplay , which is to get as many GamePass subs.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
They won’t ever become the leading console. This will be another blowout gen..But they can get tons of subs to their service which is the plan.

I think this gen will be closer than last gen.

Last gen PS4 dropped at $399 while xbox dropped at $499 and it was during holiday season so most parents went with the better value console.

I think PS5 will outsell Xbox Series but itll be closer. It wont be as close as PS3 / Xbox 360, but it wont be a blow out like this past gen.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I think this gen will be closer than last gen.

Last gen PS4 dropped at $399 while xbox dropped at $499 and it was during holiday season so most parents went with the better value console.

I think PS5 will outsell Xbox Series but itll be closer. It wont be as close as PS3 / Xbox 360, but it wont be a blow out like this past gen.
They try to forget this...

360 ran its gen if not kept it close, price was the reason X1 started behind. Thats literally it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They won’t ever become the leading console. This will be another blowout gen..But they can get tons of subs to their service which is the plan.

this.

and the killer would be putting Gamepass on Playstation near the end of the gen (which I'm sure is their ultimate plan). Those subs with Playstation customers would be HUGE business. Stevie Wonder sees this coming.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The price of the X1 was lowered to $399 (kinect free) 7 months after release and then $349 a year later(2015). If the price was the problem, they'd have 5 years to catch up which they didn't.
If power was solely the problem, the Xbox One X would be the top selling hardware each month since it's release and that's not true either.

The PS3 caught up and surpassed the X360 overall due to price and launching exclusives around 2009 when the Slim dropped for $299. The "it's just price" narrative is false. It's a mix of things. I think it's mind share and a mix of first party titles that cater to a lot of different genre's that aren't offered anywhere else. Argue all you want but you can't buy and install Uncharted or TLOU on PC or wait for God of War to make a PC release. People think whatever MSFT does Sony must do too. With this consumer oriented logic, Nintendo should sell their games on PC and create Nintendo Pass and put their exclusives up on it day 1. They all got their lanes.

Last edited: