Xbox got one Quantum Break 10/10 gamespot

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
over 70 reviews and you're complaining....

I mean if the game only had like 5 reviews, you'd have a point, but when you have as many as this game, it's statistically significant.

I dunno why you're even mad at this shyt. If you have poor performance, then you should lose your job. I get rated on a number scale at my job, and I think most jobs do that too. Why should video games be any different?
Your job would have clearly defined standards and goals, and the person conducting your review would be consistent.

You wouldn't be judged by the opinion of 71 random people of different degrees of expertise at the job, who all use a different number scale, then get your number compared to others who were reviewed by 71 different people with their own standards and grading scales.

That's absolute nonsense :heh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
exactly.

im going to see how much people complain about this game after they brought it knowing the reviews are out there. its going to be the same story like SFV, Titanfall, Battlefront, & Destiny. why did i spend 60$ on this at launch? and the 1st mofo that post that. im negging they azz:pacspit:
Titanfall was rated high on metacritic. But according to Yall it's trash :comeon:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i never said i t was trash. i never played it. i was actually jealous leading up to release, but those reviews came out. Once reviewers said it was bare bones. I dodged a bullet. I almost was a bot:whew:
Titanfall is still the highest rated shooter this gen. According to metacritic you missed an amazing game.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Your job would have clearly defined standards and goals, and the person conducting your review would be consistent.

You wouldn't be judged by the opinion of 71 random people of different degrees of expertise at the job, who all use a different number scale, then get your number compared to others who were reviewed by 71 different people with their own standards and grading scales.

One person reviewing my performance is somehow better than 70? :dwillhuh:

My company actually sends emails to clients and asks their opinion on our performance. They all don't have the same standard, but their responses are part of my annual review.

Y'all are just mad a highly anticipated game you (want to) like is scoring below par. I see the agenda. The exact same thing happened with Sony stans and The Order.

Nothing new here...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
One person reviewing my performance is somehow better than 70? :dwillhuh:

My company actually sends emails to clients and asks their opinion on our performance. They all don't have the same standard, but their responses are part of my annual review.
PART OF.

They don't all have their own grading rubrick which is arbitrarily turned into an average, then compared to other arbitrary averages.

Y'all are just mad a highly anticipated game you (want to) like is scoring below par. I see the agenda. The exact same thing happened with Sony stans and The Order.

Nothing new here...
Who said anything about mad?

That's all you can keep running to, to repeat cause the shyt you are saying is dumb as fukk.:mjlol:

I've been said the same thing about metacritic on this site FOR YEARS.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
PART OF.

They don't all have their own grading rubrick which is arbitrarily turned into an average, then compared to other arbitrary averages.

Who said anything about mad?

That's all you can keep running to, to repeat cause the shyt you are saying is dumb as fukk.:mjlol:

I've been said the same thing about metacritic on this site FOR YEARS.
And I've been saying the same shyt about metacritic for years too. There is nothing wrong with using a number scale to rate something. It's how the world works. If you don't like it, don't visit the site. It's as simple as that.
:yeshrug:

78 is below average in my book (I prefer 85+ games), but 78 might be fine for you. Metacritic actually marks scores over 75 as "positive."

I have over 1000 games in my collection. I know how to use metacritic to my advantage. If you don't wanna use the tools in front of you, so be it...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And I've been saying the same shyt about metacritic for years too. There is nothing wrong with using a number scale to rate something. It's how the world works. If you don't like it, don't visit the site. It's as simple as that.
:yeshrug:

78 is below average in my book (I prefer 85+ games), but 78 might be fine for you. Metacritic actually marks scores over 75 as "positive."

I have over 1000 games in my collection. I know how to use metacritic to my advantage. If you don't wanna use the tools in front of you, so be it...

Metacritic is fine as a reference tool. But using it to make definitive judgments on games before even playing is asinie.

Judging by your posts on this site, more times than not this gen your own 85+ standard has wronged you.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Metacritic is fine as a reference tool. But using it to make definitive judgments on games before even playing is asinie.

Judging by your posts on this site, more times than not this gen your own 85+ standard has wronged you.
Nah, it's done me well. I only disagreed a few times

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

This is what I will piggyback off of.

@Ciggavelli it is this idea that games and movies have a set number you can attach to it when it is interpreted in so many different ways by individuals. How can things so subjective have a number attached to them? There is no scale or absolute science to measure these games and we should not try to do so. The job argument on your end doesn't really make much sense because you and your employer have already agreed to a set number of defined standards that is expected from you. Video games cannot be boxed into these set of rules in any way imaginable. It is completely binary in terms of reviews - you either like the game or not. You can dock Titanfall 30 points for content, but many interested might find that the content provided is worth about 100 hours of gameplay...thus making the 30 points that the reviewer docked irrelevant. This can go on and on in several different ways people look to review a game.

I will use 2 Jeff Gerstmann reviews of games now to further prove my point as to why this system is absolute trash. Gerstmann reviewed Super Mario Sunshine for gamestop and gave it a "8.0 - GREAT" review...when it turns out that he really doesn't like the game all that much from all that he has said over the years on his podcast. Doesn't that come off as disingenuous to you? It does to me, why would I take anyone's reviews seriously if they rate a game as "GREAT", but then turns out that they don't like the game at all? I understand that he had to try to view the game "objectively" and try to rate it appropriately based on a number of factors, but the guy did not enjoy the package. The review should have been stamped with "Jeff doesn't like it" or something along those lines instead of a "review" trying to justify the number 8.0 listed right at the top of the page.

Fallout 4 is a recent game and Giantbomb actually gave that game TWO scores. 3 out of 5 on consoles and 4 out of 5 on the PC. It appears from all that I have heard in his podcasts...he doesn't care too much about Fallout 4 either. Once again coming off a bit disingenuous in order to hide behind this "objectivity" stance that so many reviewers in the game industry try to hide behind.

Review it based on how you feel about the overall package and A LOT of this bullshyt goes away. The Order 1886 getting a good review from the playstation magazine is going to raise a few eyebrows regardless, so why not remove the damn score. Stamp it with the way you feel so that the person can read your opinion on the piece, not a justification behind a score that doesn't mean much to anyone anyway.

Removing of the number also doesn't give a blanket numbered score to show how an entire staff feels about a title. So instead of Mario Sunshine receiving an 8.0, other editors can chime in and drop their 2 cents as well to get a better overall feeling as to what they feel about the game. 14 years later it looks as if the review was written the way it was to avoid backlash rather than sheer enjoyment of the title. The same can go both ways, it's just that his examples are the best I can come up with because of how popular he is and those 2 reviews that stood out to me.

I also assume that dropping the score will get people to read the actual review instead of just looking at the score, reading the short synopsis and going from there.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I used to teach at the University level, when I was completing my Ph.D. Y'all woulda hated me. I quantified everything :ohlawd:

I had it down to a science. :wow:

Y'all gotta understand my background to understand why I like numbers so much. I do research and statistics for a living. You gotta quantify everything in my world.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I used to teach at the University level, when I was completing my Ph.D. Y'all woulda hated me. I quantified everything :ohlawd:

I had it down to a science. :wow:

Y'all gotta understand my background to understand why I like numbers so much. I do research and statistics for a living. You gotta quantify everything in my world.
Yeah and that's fine man, but it just doesn't apply to games and media in general.