‘X’ | Official Thread | A24 (from the director of ‘The House of the Devil’)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Is the a supernatural/psychological horror? Like are there levitating bodies, malevolent spirits, pentagrams made up of blood, red lightings, etc? Or is this just some regular shmegular degular slasher film? Like just stabby stab all throughout. I hate slashers.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Is the a supernatural/psychological horror? Like are there levitating bodies, malevolent spirits, pentagrams made up of blood, red lightings, etc? Or is this just some regular shmegular degular slasher film? Like just stabby stab all throughout. I hate slashers.
The build-up in the first half makes you think it’s leaning towards the supernatural, but it’s really a grounded slasher when it’s all said and done.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
this movie was kind of mid by a24 standards

i felt the same way. If this was a non A24 flick it would have felt “better” imo. I guess i was expecting too much. For a horror this wasnt left field which is what i have grown used to with A24. I guess more of personal thing than this not being good

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Is house of the devil good brehs?

One of my most unpopular opinions is I thought this movie was :trash:

Highlight literally is just this girl dancing around to "One Thing Leads to Another"

Thought Innkeepers was some trash too, Liked The Sacrament better than each of em even though it was flagrantly just a "What if Jim Jones happened in modern times" movie

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Ti West is hit or miss with me, but he hit a home run with X.

I’m assuming that this was created during the height of the pandemic because of how little characters were involved with this, and how isolated everything is in the film. It works perfectly for this film

How did y’all feel about Mia Goth playing the old lady? Do y’all think that they should’ve casted an actual old person, or do you think Mia goth was believable in her double role?