‘X’ | Official Thread | A24 (from the director of ‘The House of the Devil’)

DSA15

Pro
Daps
Old dude was giving granny the business :gag:

The after credits preview for the prequel looks crazy

Mia Goth played both Maxine and the old woman Pearl wearing prosthetics. The actor playing her husband was an actor who also had on prosthetics but was 63 years old while Mia is 28. Why would Ti West have her do a sex scene with that old ass dude and dude had his tongue all in her mouth :gag:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Is house of the devil good brehs?
Yes, it’s one of my all-time favs. Film has that late 70s/early 80s aesthetic and it’s one of those stories that gradually gets scarier over time, so you may not like it if slow burns aren’t your thing. The pacing and atmosphere felt like the biggest highlights. There were moments where I actually felt creeped out.

I usually recommend it for those who love a horror film that can effectively build a sense of dread. They nailed the vibe because by the time it was over, I completely forgot it dropped in 2009.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah, it’s a dope movie. It is a slow burn like X, assuming you’ve seen it, so if you’re not a fan of those types of horror films, you may think it’s boring. The buildup is crazy though; there are parts that had me :ohhh: because you never knew what was gonna happen.
I remember being like :damn: THAT’S Greta Gerwig?! Always heard of the films she directed but never put the name to face.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, it’s one of my all-time favs. Film has that late 70s/early 80s aesthetic and it’s one of those stories that gradually gets scarier over time, so you may not like it if slow burns aren’t your thing. The pacing and atmosphere felt like the biggest highlights. There were moments where I actually felt creeped out.

I usually recommend it for those who love a horror film that can effectively build a sense of dread. They nailed the vibe because by the time it was over, I completely forgot it dropped in 2009.

I love slow burns, as long as the payoff is there. Is it slow as The Witch or Midsommar? Sounds dope, can't believe I haven't heard of it.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I love slow burns, as long as the payoff is there. Is it slow as The Witch or Midsommar? Sounds dope, can't believe I haven't heard of it.
Yeah, it’s still slow like those films but won’t overwhelm you thematically like Eggers or Aster could in those works. If that makes sense?

Let me know what you think of that third act. I thought the payoff was good but could’ve been better, and felt the same way when it came to X. That build is amazing though.

HOTD came out at a time when indie horror was blossoming, along with You’re Next so I’ll always appreciate it.

Daps
Reppin
My Set
That shyt was wild af. Didn't see the trailer just went to see it cuz my boy was hype about it. We snuck a dab pen in and that shyt had some moments that had us geeked. Also GMB.