‘X-Men’ Drama 'Gifted' On Fox (Cancelled)

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Ive seen that stated all over the web but here is the first article that popped up...states FOX had to negotiate with Marvel for the right to make TV shows

X-Men TV series: Fox continue negotiations with Marvel
Its probably somewhere in the middle because there are articles like this saying FOX owns both movie and TV rights. Doesn't really matter though, Marvel has pretty much killed off the Xmen and F4 in the comics because FOX owns them, so they probably don't put up much a fight. FOX probably runs everything by Marvel just to avoid lawsuits:yeshrug:

Get Ready to See a Lot More of Marvel's X-Men on TV

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Its probably somewhere in the middle because there are articles like this saying FOX owns both movie and TV rights. Doesn't really matter though, Marvel has pretty much killed off the Xmen and F4 in the comics because FOX owns them, so they probably don't put up much a fight:yeshrug:

Get Ready to See a Lot More of Marvel's X-Men on TV

yea i heard that..havent read comic in ages but FF and Mutants are staples in Marvel canon :francis:
Stan Lee made some statement that all the brands will come home....but ..he maybe off his meds

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FOX needs to work with Marvel for TV projects and that's why this and Legion are co-productions between FOX & Marvel TV. That's why you have all the FOX & Marvel producers in the credits (Loeb, Quesada, Shuler-Donner, Kinberg, etc...)

I liked the premiere.

Good group of characters, some could-be-cool side characters that don't have much to do in the pilot, nice world establishing first ep.

Some cool touches too like light pouring out of guy's wound when he was shot or the way they visualized bootleg Skids' force fields.

Also drones & spider sentinels are a good budgetary workaround & make more "real world" sense than giant purple Kirby robots causing massive property damage hunting mutants.

props to the ringtone, Stan's cameo, the black velvet wolverine & Garret Dillahunt next ep

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I'm in. Has potential to be the best comic book show. Stakes actually seem high and I'm invested.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not true, FOX only has movie rights, they need Marvels blessing to do TV shows...seems fishy.

Yup this was reported during the time GOTG was filming. Marvel got to use Ego in guardians and marvel gave them the green light for legion and this show but the fact that is in X Men's universe with Legion leads me to believe the deal would more complex than the sony deal since the x men universe is way bigger.

Maybe fox gave up F4 and fox gets hel with their own seperate mutant universe.
Marvel and fox are like a divorced couple trying to work it out for the kids

:mjcry:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Polaris was havoc's girlfriend and Magneto's daughter, she was in x-factor

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Very good. Great to see Lorna as a central figure in the whole set up. The Strucker kids were more interesting than I thought they would be. Nice twist for Lorna in this as well..didn't see that angle coming.

Who and what is that in yo avi :mjlol: