X-Men: Days of Future Past

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Mystique can only copy the appearance of other mutants, not their actual powers.
Rogue was originally tied into the story, they filmed scenes with her. I read they are releasing a Rogue version blu-ray in the spring
Trask's technology allows the Sentinels to read and steal a Mutant's power. Mystique's power's allows the Sentinels to physically change their bodies and internal machinery to actually use whatever power the Sentinels steal. I'll admit, they definitely could've explained that a lot better.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I'm not even sure what the content of her scenes are, they may have still not gotten it right. But her powers being involved is the only thing that would account for the sentinals actually being as powerful as they were.

Here's the writers explaination of the Rogue scene
So if the former foes were going to launch a mission, how would Rogue factor in? Some have claimed that her power-stealing ability would have been used to grant Wolverine’s healing to the wounded Kitty, but that adds a power to the young mutant without explanation. According to Kinberg, the solution was a much simpler one:

“Then I thought that if her power was winding down, they needed something stronger or someone who could take over her power. This came from a conversation with Matthew, which was about no-one having the same power as her but then realising there was someone who could take her power. I got chills. Rogue could be the McGuffin of that mission. They’d have to get Rogue out of some dark scary place, and that’s what happens. It’s a really nice sequence, and it’ll end up on Blu-ray some way down the line.

“But it does not service the main story. I thought it would increase the urgency and the stakes of the plot in the future, but it actually does the opposite, because it makes you feel like there is an answer out there. You think once Rogue gets here, we’ll have an unlimited amount of time. The ticking clock that we’d established with Kitty getting wounded and losing her powers… well, Rogue would show up and press stop on the clock. So for all of those narrative reasons, there was this ten-minute subplot that had to go.”

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Trask's technology allows the Sentinels to read and steal a Mutant's power. Mystique's power's allows the Sentinels to physically change their bodies and internal machinery to actually use whatever power the Sentinels steal. I'll admit, they definitely could've explained that a lot better.
They may have a cloud database of mutant powers that they can upload at any time, but there still had to be an original source of stealing the powers. I don't know how they would steal mutant powers without a mutant power stealing power.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
They may have a cloud database of mutant powers that they can upload at any time, but there still had to be an original source of stealing the powers. I don't know how they would steal mutant powers without a mutant power stealing power.
There's definitely some sort of database cuz in the last fight scene the Sentinels were using Emma Frost's and Lady Deathstrike's powers, both were dead before the Sentinel program kicked off.

They don't need an original source of stealing powers. The Sentinels can have sensors on their body to analyze what powers are being used against them (ice, fire, radiation, etc.) then use shape-shifting to convert their bodies to be able to use that power. However, since we know that Rogue was in a Trask jail facility, it would make sense that Trask refined the process of analyzing the data of powers being used against the Sentinels from studying Rogue.

I wonder did Singer get the idea from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon? Sentinels being able to replicate mutant powers was an important part of the story towards the end of the series.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rogue has probably been the most underused mutant in these movies, I'd rather see her in action & her abilities over Storm, TBH

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
11208454_1433843293585869_966153479_n.jpg

Looks like Rogue is in her traditional green outfit.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
so jackman aint returning so that means we have zero chance of an old man logan movie?