ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
they never did :pachaha:
You know how the internet works

They didn't release the unfinished footage:snoop:

im confused. I thought that footage was shown at some big show sorta lie comicon or d23? how did someone get access to that? i mena wasnt that shyt shown in magazines too as some sort of big premier

apoc looks dead on like how he ssupposed to now. dude looks incredible

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
im confused. I thought that footage was shown at some big show sorta lie comicon or d23? how did someone get access to that? i mena wasnt that shyt shown in magazines too as some sort of big premier

apoc looks dead on like how he ssupposed to now. dude looks incredible
HD versions of a couple of those EW pics:
RmO7JdK.jpg

FV7znwL.jpg

FUI2yCW.jpg

sCRAUMI.jpg

4UBcXWw.jpg

vJwClO9.jpg

Psylocke and Young Storm look :shaq: but not really feeling the design of Apocalypse. Hopefully they do something with him in post-production to augment the look.

somebody recorded it at one of those events and people said its just 5 weeks in thats not the real thing. which would have been fine, dumb to show that, but fine nonetheless. but then the same horrible version pops up in entertainment weekly. so are they now advertising a half finished version? or is that the real thing? once that version popped up in entertainment weekly people had the right to be :patrice:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
somebody recorded it at one of those events and people said its just 5 weeks in thats not the real thing. which would have been fine, dumb to show that, but fine nonetheless. but then the same horrible version pops up in entertainment weekly. so are they now advertising a half finished version? or is that the real thing? once that version popped up in entertainment weekly people had the right to be :patrice:
exactly. they didnt officially release it but even releasing that crappy footage was a huge mistake and idk why they did that. essentially erased all their goodwill from days of future past but a new traikler with the new apoc could bring it all back cause that new look on apoc is 100% the look from the books and now im hyped.

like why drop a magazine cover with isaac was apoc and now his face uis totally different. i dotn get it. they must have changed it when everyone hated

Last edited:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

They were simply putting out press pics of the film in production. They are going to cgi the fukk out of dude

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were simply putting out press pics of the film in production. They are going to cgi the fukk out of dude

1 of 2 things happened. Either they changed the look due to public opinion, or they wanted to show everyone apocalypse even though they weren't sure what he was really going to look like. I think its a combination of both and surprisingly the latter makes sense when you look at the cover of the Avengers: Age of Ultron Entertainment Weekly Cover.
Avengers.Age_.Of_.Ultron.HP_.jpg

I don't even remember Ultron looking like this but if he did it was probably for only 1 scene if that. This photo came out almost 12 months before release, that plenty of time to change the look.

Avengers put sort of a placeholder Ultron instead of the real one probably because they didn't want to reveal the actual look just yet or maybe there were still trying to finalize it.

Maybe Xmen is doing the same thing. They put out photos before they were even sure on how they wanted Apocalypse to look. And instead of doing all the CGI with the possibility of it changing they just didn't do any and said its a pre production mock up. They have about the same time as Age of Ultron; 11 or so months to change or add to it.
ew-cover-1373-xmen_pf1den.jpg

Judging from the Ultron Cover and the Apocalypse Cover, Apoc is probably going to look 100% different in the actual movie and as we come closer to release.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
1 of 2 things happened. Either they changed the look due to public opinion, or they wanted to show everyone apocalypse even though they weren't sure what he was really going to look like. I think its a combination of both and surprisingly the latter makes sense when you look at the cover of the Avengers: Age of Ultron Entertainment Weekly Cover.

I don't even remember Ultron looking like this but if he did it was probably for only 1 scene if that. This photo came out almost 12 months before release, that plenty of time to change the look.

Avengers put sort of a placeholder Ultron instead of the real one probably because they didn't want to reveal the actual look just yet or maybe there were still trying to finalize it.

Maybe Xmen is doing the same thing. They put out photos before they were even sure on how they wanted Apocalypse to look. And instead of doing all the CGI with the possibility of it changing they just didn't do any and said its a pre production mock up. They have about the same time as Age of Ultron; 11 or so months to change or add to it.

Judging from the Ultron Cover and the Apocalypse Cover, Apoc is probably going to look 100% different in the actual movie and as we come closer to release.
Makes sense.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

That robot wasn't Ultron. It was one of the drones with red lights. And as you can see from the movie.. Ultron wasn't a Robot, he was an A.I. program created by the mind gem. That magazine cover makes more sense NOW because of how the movie played out but back they.. who knew.

This Apocalypse has human facial features. So unless he's a shape shifter and will be altering his look throughout the film they simply changed the way he looked because of the backlash.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
exactly. they didnt officially release it but even releasing that crappy footage was a huge mistake and idk why they did that. essentially erased all their goodwill from days of future past but a new traikler with the new apoc could bring it all back cause that new look on apoc is 100% the look from the books and now im hyped.

like why drop a magazine cover with isaac was apoc and now his face uis totally different. i dotn get it. they must have changed it when everyone hated
They dropped the cover because the unfinished trailer was leaked. The unfinished trailer was meant to build up hype. There would have been people at Comic Con tweeting about how underwhelming it was but it would have been just them as opposed to every nikka with a computer driving the Ivan Ooze reference into the ground. If they ignored the fact the trailer was droppped, they'd be labeled as dumb to ignore the fact it was leaked. They told people it was an early version of the film without the CGI added. Do y'all really think they would spend the millions it would take to add CGI merely because comic book nerds didn't like an early run of the movie?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They dropped the cover because the unfinished trailer was leaked. The unfinished trailer was meant to build up hype. There would have been people at Comic Con tweeting about how underwhelming it was but it would have been just them as opposed to every nikka with a computer driving the Ivan Ooze reference into the ground. If they ignored the fact the trailer was droppped, they'd be labeled as dumb to ignore the fact it was leaked. They told people it was an early version of the film without the CGI added. Do y'all really think they would spend the millions it would take to add CGI merely because comic book nerds didn't like an early run of the movie?

:why:

Yeah, because studios also hold test screenings for this very reason, to see what works (or doesn't) with audiences so they can spend millions fixing and fine-tuning the movie for the actual release. Funny how that little century-old Hollywood practice is always forgotten about whenever someone claims that Hollywood doesn't care what people think.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:why:

Yeah, because studios also hold test screenings for this very reason, to see what works (or doesn't) with audiences so they can spend millions fixing and fine-tuning the movie for the actual release. Funny how that little century-old Hollywood practice is always forgotten about whenever someone claims that Hollywood doesn't care what people think.
Miss me with the feigned ignorance, breh. I didn't say they don't care about what people think. They put together a trailer to be viewed by Comic Con attendees. It was to build hype and gage crowd opinion. The trailer wasn't meant to be released to a wider audience. They specifically stated that it was an early version that lacked post production. Those millions of dollars that go towards CGI are already budgeted out. Apocalypse was never going to look like whatever was shown at Comic Con because no CGI was going to be added to the character at that point regardless. If y'all really think they were gonna make the character look like Beast in a leather hoodie, that's on you:beli:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Miss me with the feigned ignorance, breh. I didn't say they don't care about what people think. They put together a trailer to be viewed by Comic Con attendees. It was to build hype and gage crowd opinion. The trailer wasn't meant to be released to a wider audience. They specifically stated that it was an early version that lacked post production. Those millions of dollars that go towards CGI are already budgeted out. Apocalypse was never going to look like whatever was shown at Comic Con because no CGI was going to be added to the character at that point regardless. If y'all really think they were gonna make the character look like Beast in a leather hoodie, that's on you:beli:

Why did they release an official pic then with him looking exactly like he did in the footage? Because that's all they had at that point? Nah, those pics were released to a wider audience, thus implying that was going to be his final look.

And lol @ the bolded. This is the same studio that made Galactus into a cloud, turned Deadpool into a mute Baraka first time around and after three FF movies still haven't accomplished delivering a good looking Dr Doom.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Why did they release an official pic then with him looking exactly like he did in the footage? Because that's all they had at that point? Nah, those pics were released to a wider audience, thus implying that was going to be his final look.

And lol @ the bolded. This is the same studio that made Galactus into a cloud, turned Deadpool into a mute Baraka first time around and after three FF movies still haven't accomplished delivering a good looking Dr Doom.
Obviously this is all conjecture, but they released the pics because the trailer leaked. Why state that it was a early version of the film if you were planning on showing a final build through HD pics in a magazine? Instead of having a grainy cellphone video be the only representation of their movie, they released some HD stills. And 'm going to exercise some prudence, something I know isn't popular when it comes to certain studios' comic book movies, and assume that maybe Apocalypse will look like what we saw in the trailer at some point then change into what he's traditionally known to look like.

The point about their interpretations of other comic enterprises and characters is valid, but their last two X-Men movies have been received very positively.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Obviously this is all conjecture, but they released the pics because the trailer leaked. Why state that it was a early version of the film if you were planning on showing a final build through HD pics in a magazine? Instead of having a grainy cellphone video be the only representation of their movie, they released some HD stills. And 'm going to exercise some prudence, something I know isn't popular when it comes to certain studios' comic book movies, and assume that maybe Apocalypse will look like what we saw in the trailer at some point then change into what he's traditionally known to look like.

The point about their interpretations of other comic enterprises and characters is valid, but their last two X-Men movies have been received very positively.

They should've just stuck with the 'That footage is unfinished' argument and cleared that shyt up. Doing this because of a leak you knew was going to happen (seriously, it's Comicon, every trailer gets recorded and leaked) seems asinine and stupid. Regardless, the end result is what matters and if Apocalypse looks good in the final movie, who gives a shyt what kind of demented journey it took for them to get it right, as long as they get it right.