X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I've heard Embargo lifts Monday, screenings start Friday.
Yea someone might haved posted it 3 posts above yours :troll:

My 1 footed Apocalypse's body is ready :banderas:

11ql35c.jpg

:russ: @MartyMcFly

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
so is no one excited for this movie?
Not really. The X-Men are my favorite superheroes and what got me into comics in the first place. I've enjoyed all the X-Men films (including The Last Stand) but for some reason I'm not excited about this. Maybe it's because I have a little fatigue between Dawn of Justice and Civil War.

I'll be there on opening day though.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
Apocalypse could have looked like this

The film Apocalypse could have looked like this

Tested recently released a fascinating video interview with Ironhead Studio founder Jose Fernandez, where Fernandez describes much of the work he's been doing with superhero design in film, often with little to no credit. Ironhead worked on Batman v Superman,Thor, Tron Legacy, Batman Returns, The Avengers and many others. The company knows how to create and execute on complex ideas.

The entire video is wonderful if you're interested in superhero suit design and fabrication, but the real heartbreaker takes place when Fernandez shows off his concepts for X-Men: Apocalypse.

Here's a good look at his design.

apocalypse_gif.0.gif

apocalypse_gif_2.0.gif

This, for comparison, is what made it to screen:
apocalypse.0.png

Fernandez said he lost the bid to work on Apocalypse, and like many of us he was "underwhelmed" by the final version of the character. He also had a lifecast of Apocalypse actor Oscar Isaac, and decided to take a crack at the design.

"I thought maybe it’s not possible to make him look like this character, but that is sculpted on Oscar Isaac, so I’m like well no, it was possible," he said. So the version of Apocalypse from this video isn't just a dream, it could have been made to work with the actor playing the part.

"I sculpted the makeup and then I kind of bashed out the armor fairly quickly, but just an impression of what that character I think could be, could have been," Fernandez explained.

Singer and he's fukking pseudo avant garde taste
saw this earlier and I was in awe
how do you fukk that costume design up, that design they didn't use is iconic af