X-Men '97

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Naw it was never said in the OG cartoon.

That phrase is actually fairly new. It started with Grant Morrison's New X-Men run in the early 2000's, so it didn't become popular until after the cartoon series ended
Wonder if they gonna use Grant's run and storylines in future seasons.

Cassandra Nova would be dope

Edit : missed @Spidey Man reply :salute:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was this ever said in the OG show?

It would have been Xavier saying it and that busta ass mark was rarely on the battlefield. So I dont even think he ever said this.

:jbhmm:
That whole phrase is new to me.. I thought it was a take on Silver Surfer always saying “to me.. my board” from the 90s cartoon but I guess not

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That whole phrase is new to me.. I thought it was a take on Silver Surfer always saying “to me.. my board” from the 90s cartoon but I guess not
"The phrase was first spoken by Charles Xavier in Onslaught: X-Men in 1996, in a memorable scene where he summoned the X-Men to his study in order to present one of the darkest lectures he had ever given."

READ MORE: X-Men's Famous Catchphrase Was First Spoken by a Villain

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still watching the OG series. In the Christmas episode, instead of inviting the Morlocks to mansion to partake in their big X-Mas eve dinner, the X-Men stayed in the sewers with them.

And the fact that Bishop was working against the mutants in his time period is never really addressed. Or at least hasn't been mention as of mid Season 4.

Daps
"The phrase was first spoken by Charles Xavier in Onslaught: X-Men in 1996, in a memorable scene where he summoned the X-Men to his study in order to present one of the darkest lectures he had ever given."

READ MORE: X-Men's Famous Catchphrase Was First Spoken by a Villain

I was right :russ: and I just randomly remembered that from childhood

But as you see a page or so back, I posted the actual panel and he didn't say "to me my X-Men"

He said "Come to me my X-Men"

Only missing one word but I just wanted to call that out for clarity.

Daps
Still watching the OG series. In the Christmas episode, instead of inviting the Morlocks to mansion to partake in their big X-Mas eve dinner, the X-Men stayed in the sewers with them.

And the fact that Bishop was working against the mutants in his time period is never really addressed. Or at least hasn't been mention as of mid Season 4.

This is what Magneto was talking about. The X-Men have been problematic for a long time. They didn't have to leave my nxgga Leech in the sewers.

Xavier didn't even want them in his mansion. :mjpls:

Magneto came along and got them up outta there immediately.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
The animation is sometimes choppy and cheap looking, but then the times when it matters it looks incredible. The action scenes are fire. That Cyclops intro was smooth as hell. Jubilee dancing gave me retro anime vibes. Really digging the look so far.

As much as I'm enjoying the nostalgia trip, I'm hoping they start tying in some different costumes and modern storylines. I'd love to see Cyclops in the full head covering, or Wolverine in the brown suit.
j27mcsr71zxb1.jpg

pohlfw4cy2p21.jpg

Just something to make it feel a bit more fresh. Can't complain too much though, I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
As much as I'm enjoying the nostalgia trip, I'm hoping they start tying in some different costumes and modern storylines. I'd love to see Cyclops in the full head covering, or Wolverine in the brown suit.
j27mcsr71zxb1.jpg

pohlfw4cy2p21.jpg

Just something to make it feel a bit more fresh. Can't complain too much though, I'm happy with what I've seen so far.
I doubt it. Maybe for an episode or so, but I don't think they'll change up the uniforms on this show.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I doubt it. Maybe for an episode or so, but I don't think they'll change up the uniforms on this show.
Yeah, I figured. At least for this season. I'm just hoping as the story goes on we'll see some changes. Jean pulled out the green joint and it just made me want to see everyone wearing their best fit.
jeanloganscott-1200x900.jpg

The voices and animation in this are atrocious, almost turned it off after the first 5 minutes. :scust:
But I convinced myself they did it on purpose to keep as close to the original material as possible, instead of making it a "reboot," and was able to push through the episodes. Will keep watching.
The animation is downright bad in some of the heavy dialogue scenes, but you can't front on the action scenes

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah, I figured. At least for this season. I'm just hoping as the story goes on we'll see some changes. Jean pulled out the green joint and it just made me want to see everyone wearing their best fit.
jeanloganscott-1200x900.jpg

The animation is downright bad in some of the heavy dialogue scenes, but you can't front on the action scenes

I enjoyed the story, and the twists, and the action sequences, it was just the voices and animation that were bad