X Gon' Give It to Ya...XFL Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully we can pickup where we left off with a clean sweep of the league, nobody was going to beat us last season :demonic:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
XFL schedule just dropped

Getting ABC is big but only 7 games on ABC out of 10 weeks is an L, they should've did everything in their power to have atleast 1 ABC game a week

Twitter brought up a good point that having the battlehawks start the season with 3 road games is also a logistics failure since they were the most successful XFL franchise last time around. They should've been hosting the season opener on ABC in week 1

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Getting ABC is big but only 7 games on ABC out of 10 weeks is an L, they should've did everything in their power to have atleast 1 ABC game a week

Twitter brought up a good point that having the battlehawks start the season with 3 road games is also a logistics failure since they were the most successful XFL franchise last time around. They should've been hosting the season opener on ABC in week 1
Yeah the USFL got the better TV contract :hubie: Having 14 games on FX and a playoff game on ESPN 2 is a L …… the dome is booked for the first 3 weeks of the season at least that’s what I saw on twitter

Spence

Superstar
Daps

I agree, but the Roughnecks went 6 (or 7) and 0 beating every team in the league once and was about to sweep the season before Covid blew everything up.

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
As someone who actually had season tickets to the first version of the league, count me in.

Interesting that they pulled teams outta LA and NYC, but likely makes way more financial sense.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
As someone who actually had season tickets to the first version of the league, count me in.

Interesting that they pulled teams outta LA and NYC, but likely makes way more financial sense.
How? Those are cities with easy access to team amenities for cheaper than smaller cities. I guess having to pay those players might have cost more because of COI but it wouldn’t be much different I’m assuming. The best players I think were only clipping about $300k iirc

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
How? Those are cities with easy access to team amenities for cheaper than smaller cities. I guess having to pay those players might have cost more because of COI but it wouldn’t be much different I’m assuming. The best players I think were only clipping about $300k iirc
Plus the the players are staying in Arlington so all redbird capital and the rock had to do was pay for the stadium I can understand new york it’s only one stadium MetLife and that was a bad look on tv but LA got two soccer stadium both put in a bid back in 2019 so I know they would’ve work with the XFL again playing in this shytty stadium in Vegas is a bad look

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Plus the the players are staying in Arlington so all redbird capital and the rock had to do was pay for the stadium I can understand new york it’s only one stadium MetLife and that was a bad look on tv but LA got two soccer stadium both put in a bid back in 2019 so I know they would’ve work with the XFL again playing in this shytty stadium in Vegas is a bad look

There’s gotta be useable college stadiums in the area they can use. Even if it means going to Syracuse or some cousin fk country stadium in NY to draw in some bills and Toronto fans.