WWF No Mercy & WCW/nWo Revenge = Goats

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Was thinking about copping... You recommend?:lupe:
Yes, it completely washes away the bad taste of 2k15. I'd recommend getting it after the patch though, that's what i usually do with games but i couldn't wait for this one. The new reversal limit is cool but if you don't like it you can turn it off, also we'll be getting Harlem Heat as a dlc:obama:

Where do yall rank smackdown 2?

I always thought that was a dope wrestling game. Still have to this day.:obama:
I'd rank it below No Mercy, it was really cool but the loading times(especially during season mode) were brutal. I did love the Big Show glitch and i still don't understand why they didn't just make him official.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Yes, it completely washes away the bad taste of 2k15. I'd recommend getting it after the patch though, that's what i usually do with games but i couldn't wait for this one. The new reversal limit is cool but if you don't like it you can turn it off, also we'll be getting Harlem Heat as a dlc:obama:

I'd rank it below No Mercy, it was really cool but the loading times(especially during season mode) were brutal. I did love the Big Show glitch and i still don't understand why they didn't just make him official.

That's pretty much how I felt about it. Those loading times were awful, but I loved the roster at the time with Mean Street Posse, Essa Rios and Right To Censor. Plus the CAW was revamped.

Agree with who said HCTP took the crown from No Mercy. HCTP has everything. Deep CAW, deep career mode, and I'd say arguably the best roster they ever had. Heel Rock, NWO, Evolution, Thuganomics Cena, peak Angle, Goldberg, Matt Hardy V1, Eddie, Benoit, Rey....that's game was money.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That's pretty much how I felt about it. Those loading times were awful, but I loved the roster at the time with Mean Street Posse, Essa Rios and Right To Censor. Plus the CAW was revamped.

Agree with who said HCTP took the crown from No Mercy. HCTP has everything. Deep CAW, deep career mode, and I'd say arguably the best roster they ever had. Heel Rock, NWO, Evolution, Thuganomics Cena, peak Angle, Goldberg, Matt Hardy V1, Eddie, Benoit, Rey....that's game was money.
1. That was me too:obama:
2. The only good Hollywood Rock we ever got:mjcry:

HCTP also has the best moveset out of any game they've ever put out. WWE 2k16 has a lot of them with a dlc pack on the way, but HCTP had a ridiculous amount available and they all made sense.

JohnB

Pro
Daps
I love hctp but hate the arcade style gameplay and much prefer the simulation based gamplay like the aki games and the recent 2k game.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
SN1

HCTP aint have nWo breh, that was Shut Your Mouth but neither of them had Hall, he was replaced with X-Pac. HCTP still has the best roster, gameplay, and modes of any wrestling game. The current games don't come close to the older games like HCTP, Shut Your Mouth, Wrestlemania 19, Smackdown 2, No Mercy, Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, Day of Reckoning, Smackdown vs Raw, or even the original Smackdown.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
HCTP aint have nWo breh, that was Shut Your Mouth but neither of them had Hall, he was replaced with X-Pac. HCTP still has the best roster, gameplay, and modes of any wrestling game. The current games don't come close to the older games like HCTP, Shut Your Mouth, Wrestlemania 19, Smackdown 2, No Mercy, Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, Day of Reckoning, Smackdown vs Raw, or even the original Smackdown.

You know what, i did kinda mix HCTP and SYM, but I wanna say Nash, HBK, and Big Show all had NWO attire, not real sure. SYM would've been great had it be made on the same game engine as HCTP

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
After playing 2K16 for the past few weeks I realize that the aki games(Revenge and No Mercy) are so much better. Not saying 2K16 isn't fun but No Mercy and Revenge were on a whole another level. I haven't played both games since 2000 and if I played them now I would probably think differently but those were GOAT wrestling games.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I had wrestlemaina 2000 and didn't even know how to pin or hit a special :wow:

I played the entrance themes with my wrestling toys though :blessed:

Daps
The only thing I didn't like about hctp was the fact that the legends all had that default entrance setting with no music.:francis:

Another thing I always wanted to know is why did they get rid of the triple threat tag team ladder matches. That was a dope concept in sym and hctp.:upsetfavre: