WWF No Mercy & WCW/nWo Revenge = Goats

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Yo who remembers encountering Andre The Giant on No Mercy?

Either in Survival Mode or Championship Mode.

I got hype when that happened for the first time.

hqdefault.jpg

Nice ass touch right there.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Sil play no mercy and Wrestlemania 2000. Wwf all day though, :pacspit:wcw/nwo revenge.

Did yall have the no mercy bug? My shyt stayed deleting. Never had hbk for more than a week or two. :mjcry:

Yup. I still enjoyed the game playing multiplayer with friends but I couldn't save anything.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
From Wiki:

A sequel to WWF No Mercy was in the early stages of development when it was shelved in early 2001 as Nintendo began to phase out the Nintendo 64 console.

A sequel to Electronic Arts' WCW Mayhem titled WCW 2000 and later, WCW Mayhem 2 was going to be developed by AKI and was planned for a PlayStation 2 release. There were even some screenshots in Issue #33 (May 2000) of the Official PlayStation Magazine. However, it was also shelved in 2001 after Vince McMahon bought World Championship Wrestling. The engine of this game would later be recycled for Def Jam Vendetta.

What could have been..:mjcry:

Def Jam Vendetta was an all-time classic. It would of been cool if they also released the same game with WCW wrestlers and arenas, but I'd take what we got over what could have been.

No Mercy & Revenge were good but I wouldn't call them great. The gameplay is too slow. Here Comes The Pain or Shut Your Mouth is probably the greatest.

No Mercy introduced Hell in the Cell
No it didn't, it had Steel Cage but Hell In A Cell was only in the Smackdown games at the time. Also Here Comes The Pain was the first game to have the Elimination Chamber, which is my favorite match to play.

Last edited:

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I see the AKI games and HCTP getting love but ain't no love for

WWE_Day_of_Reckoning_2_Coverart.png

:wtf:

DoR 2 is usually considered one of the GOAT Wrestling/WWE games alongside No Mercy and HCTP

Also one game that people usually considered really good was the game that was the predecessor to the DoR series

WWE_WrestleMania_XIX_box.jpg

The crazy this is these two games and HCTP were made by Yukes and they're considered some of the GOAT WWE games. But I've also heard that the Gamecube WWE games were done from a different development team within Yukes instead of the team that did the SD games (kinda like the UFC Yukes games)

Also I've read that some of the N64 AKI team were a part of the GameCube WWE team at Yukes so that may be why you can have piff like DoR2/WMXIX and trash like the SD series since SvR 2007

Last edited: