WWE Wrestlemania 40 Doc Is Now Playing

ayatollah

WCW Mark
Daps
Reppin
The Power Plant
On my previous point of this whole thing being a work. Do you guys not think that WWE and Rock know how this documentary is going to come across? He's playing this antagonist role perfectly. With everything that happened on screen during the road to Mania, do you not think they're aware that everyone is going to come up with this same assessment that he looks like a self serving narcissist douche? This is all to build up the story further. Final boss style. Do you really think WWE would just kill this legacy of the Rumble winner getting to face a world champ at Mania all because of a "dream match" of Rock/Roman. When in this day and age it doesn't matter what the main event is, Mania always sells out.

It's a possibility it's not, and this is just a huge fluff piece, but WWE does do a good job of doing just about everything for a reason. Not too many happy mistakes these days with the fed.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I really hate all this stupid ass casual talk.

Can you show me where WM40 did much better numbers than WM39?

And i’ll tag @CBoz cause I know he can probably find it if so
This is what I got from simple Google searches.

WM 39 - WWE numbers: 161,892 (80,497 & 81,395) - Wiki numbers: 134,856 (67,303 & 67,553) - Gate: $21.6 million

WM 40 - WWE numbers: 145,295 (72,543 & 72,755) - Wiki numbers: 120,239 (60,036 & 60,203) - Gate: $38.5 million

So WM 39 had more in attendance but WM 40 made more money.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
This definitely true too lol

Cody’s a made man now though, so to me it’s a job well done. I do agree The Rock outshined Roman in that build, but It was ultimately Cody’s moment. The Rock and Roman were just the supporting cast as far as I’m concerned lol

It’s gonna be interesting when Roman returns though because I do almost feel WWE accidentally made Roman the biggest babyface in the world without doing anything. He might be 1A over Cody again, and he didn’t even do anything but lose and take a vacation
Losing was all he needed to do. Let's not forget that from 2021-2022 he was really over with the fans. They only starting booing him because they felt he was essentially holding the belt hostage being a part time guy. Had he lost to Cody last year, the boos would've been stopped.

shyt, I was at the Raw after Mania in Philly. The fact that all the fans who hated Roman and were booing the shyt out of him all starting chanting "THANK YOU ROMAN!" after Cody won told you all you needed to know :russ:

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of ya’ll are weird. If they pulled a Vince and trucked through that shyt and push Cody to the bushes, y'all would still be bytching right now. Triple H a few months back already conveyed that Rock read the room and gave the option to turn heel and now you had good business for WM40 and now WM41 when he puts over Roman.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
A lot of ya’ll are weird. If they pulled a Vince and trucked through that shyt and push Cody to the bushes, y'all would still be bytching right now. Triple H a few months back already conveyed that Rock read the room and gave the option to turn heel and now you had good business for WM40 and now WM41 when he puts over Roman.
TF are you crying about?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I still go back and forth on if the 30 pivot was better than 40. I think 40 currently getting more love cuz its more recent, but that WM30 pivot was some cinematic stuff with WWE fans telling Vince and HHH to take their creative and shove it.
Difference is EVERYONE love Bryan. Cody doesn’t have that same dynamic. He has fans but not like Bryan prime YES era

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TF are you crying about?

First, ain’t crying bout shyt. Just a lot of Rock hate up in here. He read the room, adjusted and turned what could have been a bad and dry storyline for WrestleMania into something worth watching. And if he threw his weight around, so what. Wypipo been doing it for years and now a POC was able to.