WWE taking the strap off Kofi to appease racist republican cacs at FOX unappreciation

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
They don't think a black man can beat brock lesnar... remember when ricochet fought brock and got squashed like Kofi... meanwhile Finn, AJ and D Bry all had competitive matches with him... and they are all around the same size... Kofi is actually the biggest one standing at 6ft

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Do they make more money for being champ? Or is it the ancillary stuff that gets them a bigger check?
May have been different back when Kofi was champ, but these days you got a set contract and you can make more money off merch and some residuals. Used to be they would pay you less but then there would be PPV bonuses, you got paid more for working house shows, etc.

But they stopped doing that. They raise the salary floor and eliminated a lot of the things they could do to make more money. Along with the house shows just not really being a money maker, probably the other reason why the house show tours are much smaller than they used to be.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
I'm not familiar with this but will watch it when I get off work.
Its not the same situation. That served a purpose to get Vader over as someone Lesnar-like and Inoki was basically seen as a fight God. Kofi was a lifelong midcarder who was having a miracle run at the top. There was no reason that story couldnt go on for 10 more minutes before Brock beat him. That loss did way more damage to Kofi than help it did for Brock.

That said I suggest you watch it after getting some context of Vader's Japan run (assuming you already know of Inoki's)

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Its not the same situation. That served a purpose to get Vader over as someone Lesnar-like and Inoki was basically seen as a fight God. Kofi was a lifelong midcarder who was having a miracle run at the top. There was no reason that story couldnt go on for 10 more minutes before Brock beat him. That loss did way more damage to Kofi than help it did for Brock.

That said I suggest you watch it after getting some context of Vader's Japan run (assuming you already know of Inoki's)
I know the explain it to me like I'm five summary of his Japan run but not really any of the details

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
They don't think a black man can beat brock lesnar... remember when ricochet fought brock and got squashed like Kofi... meanwhile Finn, AJ and D Bry all had competitive matches with him... and they are all around the same size... Kofi is actually the biggest one standing at 6ft

Only black dude who WWE will let beat Brock is bobby

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I forgot that they also let Lesnar beat Rollins to win the title in 16 seconds three months earlier at Extreme Rules, what a fukking joke.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It’s a tv show brehs

Can’t forget that, whenever the conversation starts to divert toward some pretentious “prestige”

Can’t forget… it’s literally a tv show.