WWE taking the strap off Kofi to appease racist republican cacs at FOX unappreciation

Dolo

Superstar
Daps
They shouldnt be tryna appeal to UFC fans, it wont work

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Having Kofi getting squashed like that is just bad booking man...it achieved absolutely nothing but chumping Kofi and partially delegitimizing his whole run as a token novelty run...which I’m sure none of us are fools and realized that, but humor us goddamnit...keeping it a buck, the new day is corny as fukk...they’re ONLY saving grace is that black dudes...outside of that, at this point they’re like latter day DX level cringey corniness...they’re probably just throw him back into the same ole mix and continue to sell merch...him having the belt was never about him actually being elevated to some approximation of an actual top guy

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They shouldnt be tryna appeal to UFC fans, it wont work

Well, that coveted "average joe" male 18-45 demo who would watch wrestling are probably sports fans, to include UFC to varying degrees. It's either that, , kids, or males who are not into sports which is probably a good portion of the hardcore smark fanbase who wear bullet club shirts.

Who would you cater to?

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This forum loves talking about casuals, lapsed fans and all this other shyt to make excuses for this company’s brain dead booking

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Kofi was and is a bum. Perfect decision by a smart booker who isn’t a freaking mark.
Still deserved better.

I don’t think anyone cries about it if he loses the typical 10 minute brock match where he gets dominated, makes a strong push toward the end but eventually loses.

Finn got it. Bryan got it. AJ got it..

But losing immediately without even touching Brock did nothing for all parties. Brock didn’t look any stronger, and Kofi was solidified as a joke. Still a bad decision

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Still deserved better.

I don’t think anyone cries about it if he loses the typical 10 minute brock match where he gets dominated, makes a strong push toward the end but eventually loses.

Finn got it. Bryan got it. AJ got it..

But losing immediately without even touching Brock did nothing for all parties. Brock didn’t look any stronger, and Kofi was solidified as a joke. Still a bad decision

:yeshrug:
Right like, idc about a squash match, but at least make it competitive or give him some offense

FTR is a bunch of marks anyways.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Squashing your top champ is asinine booking.

The only thing it was effective in was creating a moment, which is something Vince is obsessed with..

if they wrestle the typical underdog Brock match and do right by Kofi, it’s great for Kofi but we don’t necessarily remember that. It’s not like people are walking around raving about Brocks match with Finn 4 years later

Brock catching him in an F5 immediately and ending his title reign on the Fox debut of Smackdown lives forever though. It’s a historic moment in WWE history

The problem is it lives forever for the wrong reasons

:russ:

Last edited:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Kofi got a nice long run as champ and beat some notable opponents along the way.

The end of his reign served it's purpose by putting heat on Brock

I respect the way Kofi did business that night

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Right like, idc about a squash match, but at least make it competitive or give him some offense

FTR is a bunch of marks anyways.

Yeahhh that was my take as well. Brock/Kofi should have been like 10 minutes tops and not a damn squash match. I did not mind Kofi losing because his reign was weird. Like for every match that felt like a prizefight, he always ends up getting washed promo wise. Makes you think of why dude will always be mid in the first place :francis:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
In terms of Kayfabe booking, Brock might just be the GOAT…meaning if the sport were actually real in terms who he’s beaten so I wasnt made he beat Kofi. But for a company thats supposed to be all about story telling that was a bunch of nonsense. What’s the story? Brock is good? We knew that. You could have had a tearjerker with a fighting champion giving it everything he had and it still not being enough.