WWE Network moving to Peacock in the US (Update: Its sucks!)

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
The Office, which is essentially it’s only saving point that’s driving subscriber. It would DOA without it. Even adding WWE isn’t enough to move the needle for them really as it’s a niche market with not that much potential growth to justify the price tag.

Kudos to Vince though for cashing out before streaming services end up like Spotify.
????

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
April 2021: Did You Know?
WWE gained 26 million subscribers in March alone, the most ever for any streaming network.

Oh they’re gonna be trumping up that figure during ‘Mania for sure: “This is the most watched Wrestlemania ever!” I can hear that shyt now.

Side note: second time I’ve hopped into this thread about Peacock, and I stay seeing these Peacock ads (in Spanish no less!) in between posts.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Spotify spent hundreds of millions of dollars on podcast content like Joe Rogan, The Ringer, and Parcast thinking that it will help drive new subscribers to their service to only realize that it's not moving the needle like they originally thought. A lot of these streaming services and companies are going to eventual realize that the millions and billions spent for rights and content aren't worth the cost if they don't meet shareholder expectations of new subscribers.

It's going to take years for any of them to see some semblance of a profit and that's even if they stick around long enough.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
How they spin this?

Haven't looked yet.

I mostly find it funny that they had nothing about this major deal since all they can ever tell anyone is how USA & Fox can't be happy with the ratings just for USAs parent company to hand them another billion dollar deal & pretty much lock in a new deal in 2024 for Raw at the same time.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Haven't looked yet.

I mostly find it funny that they had nothing about this major deal since all they can ever tell anyone is how USA & Fox can't be happy with the ratings just for USAs parent company to hand them another billion dollar deal & pretty much lock in a new deal in 2024 for Raw at the same time.
That's why the discussions about ratings are dumb. Marks are looking at it as NXT is getting beat in the ratings by AEW every week, but USA is looking at it like a win because NXT is killing in ratings compared to whatever they had running in that slot on Wednesdays.
RAW's ratings consistently tank, but compared to the alternative of what USA could put in that spot, they're killing it.

And networks are clamoring for live TV regardless.

Again, wrestling is far from popular right now, but WWE is making money despite it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's why the discussions about ratings are dumb. Marks are looking at it as NXT is getting beat in the ratings by AEW every week, but USA is looking at it like a win because NXT is killing in ratings compared to whatever they had running in that slot on Wednesdays.
RAW's ratings consistently tank, but compared to the alternative of what USA could put in that spot, they're killing it.

Again, wrestling is far from popular right now, but WWE is making money despite it.

Because live sports (wouldn’t call WWE a sport, but still) are supposed to be DVR proof and networks are willing to pay a premium right now to add content to their streaming services.

Some streaming service needs to go all in and outright buy the rights to some sports instead of splitting duties with other networks.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
ESPN’s airing of WWE content has reportedly come to a close now that the WWE Network is headed to Peacock. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Live that ESPN has made the decision to stop airing WWE content.
ESPN is owned by Disney, and aired content from WWE in earnest in early 2020. Disney & ESPN were reportedly in talks at one point to license WWE’s content from the Network in a manner that would have been similar to the Peacock deal, but that never came together.
The sports network has not aired a lot of WWE content for a while now, and the WWE subsection on ESPN.com hasn’t been updated in quite some time. As reported today, the deal is worth over $1 billion over five years.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I’m not trying to jump into peacock, that’s another useless platform trying to get into the streaming game.

Some of these companies don’t realize that their content has been whored out to other networks for so long that there is no reason to try to make your own platform anymore.

Looks like I will go back to downloading the ppv the next day.

It’s a ok business move I just don’t think peacock deserves my money. Over the years I have realized how unnecessary the network really is and it doesn’t add anything to the current experience. It’s not giving out news, it doesn’t further storylines and it doesn’t have anything exclusively that is worth a damn.
:dame:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Besides that terrible looking Saved by the Bell reboot, what the hell is on Peacock?

They have pretty much everything from the NBC library from the 70s to today including current stuff (and also stuff from other networks, a lot of big time CBS sitcoms are currently on Peacock for whatever reason), a large rotating library of Universal movies (but also other studios), and limited live channels for news/sports/true crime, etc that Pluto/Tubi type things have. The selling point is the free tier. I doubt there are many subscribers to the paid tier that don't have it automatically included with their Comcast package anyway. Original content is not really the point of Peacock.

Currently they're literally selling their pricing points based on how much of The Office you can watch :mjlol:

Free tier: Season 1/2

Premium Tier (included on most if not all Xfinity packages): All seasons and extras, with ads

Premium Plus Tier: All season and extras without ads

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC

Raw is always 3 of the top hours on Mondays if you go by the demo that they only use on the Wednesday shows. Even in the last couple months when they would come out telling you it was the lowest number ever, that shyt would be right behind the block of football, the 14 minute for some reason counts as it's own thing time between the top of the hour & kickoff, & the SportsCenter that came on right after football. But it was constant doom if you listen to them :heh:

Meltzer is also the same guy that said Fox should try to get AEW to replace SmackDown though since they could get it cheaper & do the same numbers because he lives in the bubble where he thinks dudes like Omega are just as over as Reigns somehow & everyone knows what AEW is :manny: