WWE Network moving to Peacock in the US (Update: Its sucks!)

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
So will Network be included with a Peacock subscription or is it a separate sub? Because Comcast gives Peacock Premium included for free with most packages, would be pretty :gladbron: to suddenly get WWE Network for free on top of that.

Surely NBCU buys WWE outright in the next 5 years, right?

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
So will Network be included with a Peacock subscription or is it a separate sub? Because Comcast gives Peacock Premium included for free with most packages, would be pretty :gladbron: to suddenly get WWE Network for free on top of that.
That's what I was wondering. Them saying it's 4.99 on premium makes me think it's an additional cost.:jbhmm:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
That's what I was wondering. Them saying it's 4.99 on premium makes me think it's an additional cost.:jbhmm:

Yes but the confusing part is $4.99 is the cost of premium peacock so it's like....which one are we talking about here.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
To try to clear up some confusion, as I understood it from the Variety article, Peacock Premium with ads is already $4.99, so you will be getting the Network as a part of that, meaning it will be cheaper than the Network is as a standalone service ($9.99). If you want Peacock Premium Plus, which doesn't have ads, it will be $9.99 a month, but you get the WWE Network with that too, so there won't be an extra cost for the Network as long as you are subscribed to a Peacock plan, but please correct me if I am mistaken.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The more I think about it...the Network always made more sense as a component of another streaming service rather than it's own thing - they're not like the sports leagues where they have this gigantic ass fan network, loads of TV deals and a near-daily influx of valuable content. And the the biggest benefit - the archive - only appeals to a niche fanbase. It never had any legs to stand on its own and that's why it's been stuck at that 2 million subscriber base.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Besides that terrible looking Saved by the Bell reboot, what the hell is on Peacock?

The Office, which is essentially it’s only saving point that’s driving subscriber. It would DOA without it. Even adding WWE isn’t enough to move the needle for them really as it’s a niche market with not that much potential growth to justify the price tag.

Kudos to Vince though for cashing out before streaming services end up like Spotify.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I used Peacock for the first time since this news today. And I wasn’t impressed :yeshrug: