WWE Network moving to Peacock in the US (Update: Its sucks!)

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Now that I'm reading up on the press release more, it sounds like it's actually just gonna be it's own whole subsection under the NBC interface, kind of like an app within the app. That bodes well for the archive and everything.

hope so. Would hate to see WCW for instance disappear

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The network has never livee up to its potential technology-wise.

It was supposedly ran by the MLB ppl at first, and then netflix ppl. But always so many bugs and issues.

If I'm already paying 9.99, I guess I'll just switch thwt to peacock and hopefully no more buggy issues

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
So how much are the wrestlers getting paid from this ?

Whatever they agreed to in their contracts and not a cent more. Dumbass wrestlers need to start a union already. Guys should have been lining up to throw hands with Cody after his bait and switch. Guys in the locker room gush about AJ but he just sat there and took out his frustrations on another employee/"independent contractor" when his boys got canned. If people think you're all that great then be a leader. Until they smarten up I'm not interested in the whole big bad WWE angle :manny:. These guys are asking to get pimped.

First step towards NBC owning WWE.

Which always made more sense to me than the Disney angle people have been pushing for years. WWE is essentially USA's flagship property and has been one way or another since the 80s minus that time on TNN/Spike. There's no way they'd just sit and do nothing if WWE ever came up on the market.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What would WWE under NBC owenership look like?

It's an interesting question. NBC has always had trouble creating new IPs. With WWE, they'd have something already packaged to go. It'd be all about selling it to advertisers on a larger scale. You have to recoup the costs and like the NHL (a property they have), it's very niche.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's an interesting question. NBC has always had trouble creating new IPs. With WWE, they'd have something already packaged to go. It'd be all about selling it to advertisers on a larger scale. You have to recoup the costs and like the NHL (a property they have), it's very niche.

It'd be a difficult task trying to bring in new viewers in order to justify the price tag of what it would cost to buy it outright. Wrestling just won't be in the mainstream of realm of sports no matter how much WWE tries to make it happen.

You saw that firsthand with how they were able to skirt with not shutting down like other sports had to.