WWE Network moving to Peacock in the US (Update: Its sucks!)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
$200m a year for the next 5 years for PPVs, ancillary content and their old shyt :ehh:.

This streaming game is crazy, companies engaging in billion dollar yard sales.

Too bad a lot of them will eventually realize that all those billions spent won’t always equate into new customers to justify the price tag.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:wow:Helluva ride from the Network. I remember it like it was yesterday:

I was shytting logs when I seen this promo:ohhh:. Like the possibilities were endless:blessed:

• WCW :banderas:
  • ECW:steviej:
  • Territories:whew:
  • Reality show fukkery:ohlawd:
Then it dropped and I was the one that got the 9.99 for six months locked in contract:shaq2:. The network was what was, when it's handled with care it's a amazing experience for 9.99:ld:. Then they took off some of the content and did all of this random shyt, instead of just keeping it simple. The writing was on the wall when they did a free tier.

Now the Peacock deal could be big, but in reality it's going to be a mess and a half:shaq2:. Peacock itself is a odd service that is all over the fukking place and they expect me to transfer at ease over there....:aicmon:

I'm good:ld:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Interesting. I have peacock for free so this is a W for me whenever I get the itch to watch something WWE related.

like the breh above said though, the layout on the app is gonna be shyt to get through probably. Peacock itself isn’t laid out the best so I can only imagine adding like 50 years of content.

NBC are really trying to push this app. First pulling The Office from Netflix and now this.

Breh I got seasick trying to navigate peacock. Like they have a on demand side that bleeds into the live channels, the live channels are as unbearable as Pluto TV, and the content is kinda meh unless you like Premier League and SNL.

While this deal is a gamechanger, its going to be a fukking mess once March hits especially during Wrestlemania season.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too bad a lot of them will eventually realize that all those billions spent won’t always equate into new customers to justify the price tag.

You'd be surprised. It really depends on the content. For example, them moving The Office was a big deal. Damn near everybody white that I work with has said that they're about to sign up for Peacock because they love that show.

Same for HBO Max and Friends.

I'm not sure this moves the needle a ton for Comcast/Universal, but it's at least another value add for them.

Good deal for the customers :ehh:

Vince and co. will probably celebrate this deal with another round of deavors.

:dead:

........ probably completely accurate, though.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You'd be surprised. It really depends on the content. For example, them moving The Office was a big deal. Damn near everybody white that I work with has said that they're about to sign up for Peacock because they love that show.

Same for HBO Max and Friends.

True, but you’re going to need more successful content outside of those shows to justify having a streaming service. There's also no guarantee that the majority of those people who like those shows will move to Peacock or HBO Max just to watch those shows or stick around long term. Even Netflix is operating the red years later and still having to take on more debt just to justify their streaming services.

A lot of these streaming services are going to end up realizing that the cost compared to the ROI isn't worth it and will end up having to merge together just to survive.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Interesting. I have peacock for free so this is a W for me whenever I get the itch to watch something WWE related.

like the breh above said though, the layout on the app is gonna be shyt to get through probably. Peacock itself isn’t laid out the best so I can only imagine adding like 50 years of content.

NBC are really trying to push this app. First pulling The Office from Netflix and now this.

People are cord cutting in droves and cable television is dying, so there's no other choice but to move your content to streaming services or create your own.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
So peacock is $4.99 and you have the WWE stuff or is it 4.99 plus an additional 4.99 ? Or do you pay 4.99 just to get the WWE stuff ?

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
I got a bad feeling the Network content is gonna get butchered. Watch them fukk around and only have the last couple of years of WWE content

Something like this is the exact reason why I held on to all my Blu-ray’s, DVD’s, compilations, custom TV sets :blessed: . Not interested in no damn Peacock.