WWE Announces NIL Program

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Ok..OK.. to nxt and then bomb or don't get pushed like most new talents post Shield. Roman, Seth, Ambrose, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky, Asuka are the most notable names that have counted since 2012 from their system.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Lol..yeah right..Sasha would have a $100 million contract by now

charlie-murphy-laugh.gif

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Sasha is a star..a real star, my racist friend. Hollywood wants more of her but constantly has run shyt by the McMahon chumps.

I'm racist bc I don't think Sasha has 100 million dollar deals lined up outside WWE?

Do you know how much 100 million dollars is?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
So I read the press release on this and Im still not quite sure how this is an NIL programme other than the athletes can still be in college but they'll be getting paid to train at the PC (if even). The benefit of the actual NIL programme is it allows athtetes (those with realistic or unrealstic goals of going pro) to get endorsement deals. Im sure when these guys turn to the main roster WWE will put them in commercials or deals that they approve and they're might be some outside ventures they approve, but by an large WWE hasnt changed their policy on that and are quite strict. On top of that they control their literal Name, Image, Likeness of their character. It says they'll have access to the PC's facilities like the studio but does that mean to produce their own content or for WWE? Thats generous if its for themselves but that would be very different than what VInce and Nick Khan do.

A lot about how they're using this needs to be asked at the next quarterly meeting
this is kind of why i'm waiting, or at least trying to wait before i say anything. I still don't really know what it is. On one hand it sounds like the athletes are signing on to train in WWE and become future wrestlers, on another hand it sounds like WWE will be their "agents" while they're in college. I can't tell what it will look like.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
this is kind of why i'm waiting, or at least trying to wait before i say anything. I still don't really know what it is. On one hand it sounds like the athletes are signing on to train in WWE and become future wrestlers, on another hand it sounds like WWE will be their "agents" while they're in college. I can't tell what it will look like.

Sounds like they're signing on to train in WWE to be professional wrestlers but also potentially work on the business side in case they don't pan out in the ring. I'd be shocked if they're paying these kids more than 15k a year while they're in school.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Not if they accept its not an NIL programme and just see it for a draft into other profession. And I actually dont know if any 19-20 year olds have one on retainer like that.:patrice:

I mean if WWE is saying come join this and you can do any deals on the outside you want and/or you can use our facilities (which is what it says in the press release but not implicitly saying its for outside use) thats amazing lol.:pachaha:.....dont know how the main roster would feel since they didnt get that and arent getting that but ok:mjlol:

Schools athletic departments have NIL departments to help with deals to make sure they're on the up and up and players not getting screwed