WWE Announces NIL Program

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don't see this as a negative at all. Let these lesser known college players who won't make the league get paid. Hopefully they won't carny these kids around while they're in school though :patrice:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I’m tryna figure out why wrestling Twitter hates this one. :gucci:

The Athlete/College Athlete to wrestling pipeline runs DEEP deep.

The two biggest megastars the business ever produced are former college athletes. The two world champions are former college football players. Their fastest rising female superstar is a former track and field athlete.

shyt, even Trash Ass Terry was allegedly a highly touted pitching prospect before he fukked up his shoulder.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This isnt surprising given what WWE wanna do getting fresh athletes and how anti-indies they are once again

Couple of things though

1) Sure presumes a lot of college athletes wanna be pro wreatlers for WWE especially given how much criticism they get now

2) Doing an NIL initative is interesting given they're all about owning the likeness, name etc of the wrestlers and not given it when they release them

Hey it may it work, it may go t*ts up. We'll see

I do feel inevitably they'll still get guys who wanna be release or who are cut who go out on the indies and learn the trade and we'll come back full circe

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I’m tryna figure out why wrestling Twitter hates this one. :gucci:

The Athlete/College Athlete to wrestling pipeline runs DEEP deep.

The two biggest megastars the business ever produced are former college athletes. The two world champions are former college football players. Their fastest rising female superstar is a former track and field athlete.

shyt, even Trash Ass Terry was allegedly a highly touted pitching prospect before he fukked up his shoulder.

Probably more to do with the fact it isnt an actual NIL programme and WWE will own their rights in the long run (Its Next in Line as opposed to what NIL is meant to be for college athletes which is profiting off Name, Image, LIkeness:mjlol:)

Also yes some of the biggest stars were former college athletes but they also had experience in other places honing themselves

But I havent actually read what Wrestling twitter said either so dont mind me:pachaha:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Probably more to do with the fact it isnt an actual NIL programme and WWE will own their rights in the long run (Its Next in Line as opposed to what NIL is meant to be for college athletes which is profiting off Name, Image, LIkeness:mjlol:)

Also yes some of the biggest stars were former college athletes but they also had experience in other places honing themselves

But I havent actually read what Wrestling twitter said either so dont mind me:pachaha:

It’s mostly a bunch of “B-but what about the indies???/Why not just sign [insert big name from MLW/Japan here]” Right now.

And as vile as it is… I get it if I’m Vince & Co. it’s cheaper to produce in house talent they can both groom to fill roles and game the fukk out of them for every dollar they can than deal with vets who probably know better. It’s not right, but shyt I get it.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It’s mostly a bunch of “B-but what about the indies???/Why not just sign [insert big name from MLW/Japan here]” Right now.

And as vile as it is… I get it if I’m Vince & Co. it’s cheaper to produce in house talent they can both groom to fill roles and game the fukk out of them for every dollar they can than deal with vets who probably know better. It’s not right, but shyt I get it.

I feel like you gave wrestling twitter a better reason to be angry about this then question them:mjlol:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I feel like you gave wrestling twitter a better reason to be angry about this then question them:mjlol:

It at least would make sense though if that was the reason . :russ: They mad because cokeboy ISN’T raiding the territories this time

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
all for having legit athlete's working

if by some miracle they can find some characters too

then they are stepping in the right direction