Wu-Tang and white people

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Weirdly enough white people in their 40's like listening to music that calls them pieces of shyt. On top of that Wu-Tang rappers have personalities as big as the music and even if they don't get all the Black references, RZA and the Wu-Tang Sound resonates almost like Punk Rock music, like it's gritty and grimey. Also too alot of you guys were too young to remember the mainstream push they got around the Wu-Tang Forever era, like they were every where. MTV, guest spots on TV, late night, everywhere.

the only album that was more anticipated earlier that year was biggie’s and this was months before he passed...after he passed it wasn’t as close (everyone wanted to buy biggie’s shyt) but no one outside of that had a bigger buzz than wu that year

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Weirdly enough white people in their 40's like listening to music that calls them pieces of shyt. On top of that Wu-Tang rappers have personalities as big as the music and even if they don't get all the Black references, RZA and the Wu-Tang Sound resonates almost like Punk Rock music, like it's gritty and grimey. Also too alot of you guys were too young to remember the mainstream push they got around the Wu-Tang Forever era, like they were every where. MTV, guest spots on TV, late night, everywhere.

Looking back at it now that was the death Knell for Hip-hop with substance. Now don't get me wrong a normal Wu song would be about 2 or three different things at the same time. Usually it was about Robbing nikkas or selling coke and about Black power or something esoteric at the same time. But after that nobody put out albums that wasn't about partying and bullshyt or killing nikkas until Jay Cole and Kendrick came long.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In their early music, rappers like Wu-Tang, Onyx, public enemy, and Ice Cube would talk mad shyt about cacs. Now cacs keep going to their concerts today. :unimpressed:

yep...cube is another one they “adopted”...‘death certificate’ was my shyt especially “horny little devil” lmao...I used to purposely sit next to cacs on the subway and made sure my shyt was loud enough for them to hear the lyrics bleeding from my headphones

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Wu Tang is universally loved by everybody.

When Wu Tang Forever dropped in '97 their brand became bigger; reaching to other crowds (White, Asians etc).

I've never heard any black person who says they don't fukk with Wu :dahell: that's definitely some new internet/down south (but even then the South liked Wu) shyt because black people been rocking with Wu since Protect Ya Neck & Cream hit the streets.

Maybe because of Wu becoming a bigger brand (thous appealing to non blacks crowds) since the 90s might've thrown some black people off because they're not consider "grimy & street" anymore; as they've become mainstream household names across the world.

But that's a damn lie going around about black people never fukking with Wu.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
the same way people white people love Onyx..

all my friends who were white growing up into hardcore rap already were submerged in alternative genres of music and cultures with an edge.

that’s really why a lot of whites like that shyt, wu, onyx, dead prez because it’s rebellious, it’s outside of what they’ve grown up in comfortable and opens eyes to different perspectives.

I always thought that It was because Wu had a grumpy sound.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It's not really shocking because Wu Tang Clan were extremely overrated and radio friendly for the white people. That's why they always had a huge following.

All black people I've met had nothing positive to say about Wu Tang.
Somebody neg this bytch boy for me...I'm all out.:stopitslime:

Thank you.

I've seen Wu-Tang live twice (once with Rage Against The Machine in 2007), and Ghostface, Cappadonna, and Killah Priest and those shows hafd mad black folks there...

The fukk are you talking about?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Looking back at it now that was the death Knell for Hip-hop with substance. Now don't get me wrong a normal Wu song would be about 2 or three different things at the same time. Usually it was about Robbing nikkas or selling coke and about Black power or something esoteric at the same time. But after that nobody put out albums that wasn't about partying and bullshyt or killing nikkas until Jay Cole and Kendrick came long.

Hip-hop was either going to BLOW UP or die. And it had to much of a presence in American culture not blow.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: No lies told

Yeah dude would get BUSY You just don't hear shyt that you have to rewind (ever since you stopped having to rewind) anymore.

I was just thinking of a verse on How Great dude said Oh son of man who was the Angel with a foot on water and a foot on land? I remember back in Sunday school they had an illustrated version of Revelations and one of the Angels who broke a judgement scroll had a foot on water and a foot on land.

Dude managed to make a verse about NGE lessons while using the bible without shytting on what was essentially a christian rap song.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
the same way people white people love Onyx..

all my friends who were white growing up into hardcore rap already were submerged in alternative genres of music and cultures with an edge.

that’s really why a lot of whites like that shyt, wu, onyx, dead prez because it’s rebellious, it’s outside of what they’ve grown up in comfortable and opens eyes to different perspectives.

True I guess the main reason was all that shyt was Mosh pit ready. Do people even still do that now?

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
yep...cube is another one they “adopted”...‘death certificate’ was my shyt especially “horny little devil” lmao...I used to purposely sit next to cacs on the subway and made sure my shyt was loud enough for them to hear the lyrics bleeding from my headphones

People sleep on Death Certificate. It should be mentioned among the best.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Hip-hop was either going to BLOW UP or die. And it had to much of a presence in American culture not blow.

World Culture. I remember I was in Iraq and I got picked up by some Iraqis (I was on a military base) and they had a tape playing and I asked him what it was and he said it was Turkish Rap.

I was in France when I heard Life after Death on the Radio In France they left in the cussing.