20190830_Rxnz04rWBhONRSM.jpg

71968c8b28de1e4cf555075c15508890.jpg

ceee7e38b1b0d9c895b65a20ca9c5fd4.jpg

Nipsey%20Hussle%20tattoo%20by%20Cecil%20Porter%20.jpg

l.jpg

images

I got a lot of questions for this dude:skip:

corny,

but the showmanship on those tattoos looks great.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Y’all remember that site Stuff White People Like? One of the enteries was “Black music that black people don’t listen to anymore”.

Also Wu may appeal to a more intelligent fan base. Not saying that whites are more intelligent. But there was an article ranking all the hip hop artist who used words with more than two or three syllable. Wu was up there. I think #1 was Eminem.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It's crazy to me when you look at how conscious rap was in the 1990s and how quickly it went to shyt. I had high hopes for Kanye for a little bit and then he went off the rails. Besides that like you say it took all the way to Kendrick to inspire me. There are others that make some great shyt (I'm always repping Shad, Chance tries) but only a few have risen above the underground scene and it's hard to imagine how a group like Arrested Development could become the biggest sellers on the planet for a moment.

I made a 70+ song conscious playlist for my baby girl and I swear 90% of the tracks are 15+ years old.
Yeah it's defenitely a conspiracy, I mean all this shyt happening and nobody's speaking on it. Paris had a song called Bush Killer Yet nobody's saying a word about Trump

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
I was put unto them by... you guessed it, a rich white boy. A jew pretending to be Italian pretending to be black.... Imagine listening to Buck tha Devil and being said devil...

You and Your Heroes was the first time i noticed that jew and the f word were scrambled on hip hop albums (but thats another story)

White kids loved Lench Mob....when I was in middle school, first time I heard Lench Mob was when I was playing Street Fighter at this white kid's house who lived a few houses down. He played Guerillas in the Mist constantly, he loved Public Enemy too.....I remember one time his mom came down to basement to bring snakks and heard Buck the Devil and she got all red-faced and told him, "don't you understand, WE are the devil....why are you listening to this"...then she looked at me all funny like I brought the CD and infected her son with all this anti-white ******dom....I just hit her with tha :smugbiden:

bytch, just bring down the pizza rolls and Dr Pepper and shut tha fukk up:umad:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
that I will respectfully disagree w/...when them cacs obsess over an artist they go ALL in

*edit*

cacs from the late 90s/early 00s that were into hip hop @ least
Nah, I didn't mean it in an absolute sense. I'm speaking about most of em. Most white people I know don't know shyt about hip hop. To be fair, that's most people in general from my experience. Like breh, they don't know nobody before 2010. Outside of Pac, Biggie, and NWA. Not even 2000's acts. I was talking about rich boy one day because that's my cousin's uncle, and they didn't even know what Throw Sum D's was.
Like :mindblown:

This Alabama, you gotta know that shyt. It was everywhere. I ain't surprised they don't know Rich Boy cuz he ain't been buzzing for a while. But you would think they'd remember the song. :yeshrug:

But you're right about the one's that are into it. I'd never disrespect that because I like artists like EL P and Paul Wall who you can tell are genuine. Although, some white dudes can come off as kinda corny about it. Like they feel they have to try too hard to be authentic.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah it's defenitely a conspiracy, I mean all this shyt happening and nobody's speaking on it. Paris had a song called Bush Killer Yet nobody's saying a word about Trump
It's the studios and it's the public both. Look at the fukking dumbass shyt that gets pumped up. I mean no studio made Blueface hot or a lot of the more worthless of the trap rappers yet there they are.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am old enough and white enough to speak on this:

1) white teens in the burbs especially are bored OUT OF THEIR MINDS.

2) When MTV came out and all these kids in the burbs started getting cable, it was a whole new world opened up to them, from the hair bands to grunge and punk to hip hop.

3) Infinitely bored and infinitely privileged (whether poor or not) they look for things that change there ‘normal’ situations and music and cultures are some of the easiest to cling to.

4) The first time I saw the video for “Bring the Pain” me and all my friends were like
:merchant:

EVERYTHING about them was different. We’re they a group? We’re they a family? How many members were they? Was it an entire block of people in the group? What are those beats? Why the Kung fu? Are they part Asian?? Why is one of them called Old Dirty b*stard? WTF is a Method Man? There voices were SO unique man...like to this day, whose voice sounds like Method Mans? Who else raps with a lipstick speech impediment like Rza? ODB???

5) They became scary, and dope and different all at once...but then they also became approachable in a way that was unexpected. ODB has a lot to do with that.

While white people my age love all sorts of hip hop artists still, there are 3 that made a weird leap into a special place: Wu Tang, A Tribe Called Quest and Snoop Dog.

Wasn't Onyx another big one? And how old are you?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I heard about that I'm not a racist song. I guess in this era that would count
my bad at first I thought you were saying all hot 100 rap music was about killing and drug dealing when there has been plenty of alternative rap artists seeking commercial fame, but you are correct that there isn't any black nationalist music at this point in time. Kendrick, Kanye and others are advocates for black issues and that's probably as close as we will get.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Wasn't Onyx another big one? And how old are you?

Onyx did a remix of Slam with Biohazard who were a pretty popular rock band at the time. Also the Onyx sound was super aggro and punk sounding too so it made sense to a lot of white kids who grew up listening to metal/punk/rock at the time. You could slam dance to Onyx