Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Man...
What

The

FVCK !

How can a black person even begin to co-sign this sh1t ?
Y'all sound like some undercover st0rmfr0nt posters.
How does that sound any different than the typical genocidal sh1t
presented on those forums.
As black people we should want them to do better not merk them all off.

We do want them to do better breh, we do want them to do better, but where do we start? You quoted my first paragraph but you didn't respond to the rest of it. We don't want them to die. This is showing how some people want to throw the baby out with the bath water and start new.

I want to help these people but again where do we start? We can't just give them money. We can't just move them out the hood into nicer homes and cities/towns because then the same thing that happened to the projects will happen there. We need to (I think) to help these people understand and value what they have, whether it's very little or alot. They have some sense of collectivism, they can all be in the video and provide cars and props and such. But where is that for parent/teacher conferences, progress reports, report cards etc. They are all together but this 'hobby' or 'life' ain't what a young black kid needs in a city where graduating ain't at the top of the list but murders, death and incarnations, single parent families/kids out of wedlock especially for African Americans are.

I'm all for support. But the support isn't where a kid his age and in his circumstances should be.

Like I said the grown men in this video have the same mentality of the 13yr old rapper. Just living day to day, having fun. Probably cause they've dropped out or been to jail and missed the normal track of life. I say the normal track of life because it ain't normal to not graduate or to go to jail or anything, no matter what the circumstances. Granted some circumstance are less favorable than others, the goal/object of life is to overcome and grow always moving forward.
That's why crawl before you walk, walk before you run, mumble before you talk, scribble before you write, learn addition and subtraction before multiplication and division, and those before algebra.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We do want them to do better breh, we do want them to do better, but where do we start? You quoted my first paragraph but you didn't respond to the rest of it. We don't want them to die. This is showing how some people want to throw the baby out with the bath water and start new.

I want to help these people but again where do we start? We can't just give them money. We can't just move them out the hood into nicer homes and cities/towns because then the same thing that happened to the projects will happen there. We need to (I think) to help these people understand and value what they have, whether it's very little or alot. They have some sense of collectivism, they can all be in the video and provide cars and props and such. But where is that for parent/teacher conferences, progress reports, report cards etc. They are all together but this 'hobby' or 'life' ain't what a young black kid needs in a city where graduating ain't at the top of the list but murders, death and incarnations, single parent families/kids out of wedlock especially for African Americans are.

I'm all for support. But the support isn't where a kid his age and in his circumstances should be.

Like I said the grown men in this video have the same mentality of the 13yr old rapper. Just living day to day, having fun. Probably cause they've dropped out or been to jail and missed the normal track of life. I say the normal track of life because it ain't normal to not graduate or to go to jail or anything, no matter what the circumstances. Granted some circumstance are less favorable than others, the goal/object of life is to overcome and grow always moving forward.
That's why crawl before you walk, walk before you run, mumble before you talk, scribble before you write, learn addition and subtraction before multiplication and division, and those before algebra.

Now this post I can co-sign.
The issues in the inner city areas though I think are monumental and often simply ignored in this day and age.
It's like people now would rather simply say "Hip Hop music should be more positive" and be done with it than worry about the effects of terrible education, housing, gang violence,lack of opportunities to be employed, cultural issues, and several other problems about in hoods across america.

The truth is, I don't think I can come up with a one size fits all solution, the complexities surrounding every area runs deep. A lot of people think it's as simple as these kids going to high school and getting peer pressured into a gang like a damn D.A.R.E. ad, when we all know that's not the case.
The issues in the magnolia projects are differentfrom the Jungles in Cali as they are different from the hoods in Chicago,NY, etc.
And I think they would need a case by case examination of issues in the areas on top of a different approach to educating and equipping parents.

The most I can say outside of what I already have is I think it would take a monumental effort on societies part that would need several great minds to come together and think of solutions.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The issues in the inner city areas though I think are monumental and often simply ignored in this day and age.
It's like people now would rather simply say "Hip Hop music should be more positive" and be done with it than worry about the effects of terrible education, housing, gang violence,lack of opportunities to be employed, cultural issues, and several other problems about in hoods across america.

The truth is, I don't think I can come up with a one size fits all solution, the complexities surrounding every area runs deep. A lot of people think it's as simple as these kids going to high school and getting peer pressured into a gang like a damn D.A.R.E. ad, when we all know that's not the case.
The issues in the magnolia projects are differentfrom the Jungles in Cali as they are different from the hoods in Chicago,NY, etc.
And I think they would need a case by case examination of issues in the areas on top of a different approach to educating and equipping parents.

The most I can say outside of what I already have is I think it would take a monumental effort on societies part that would need several great minds to come together and think of solutions.

Your absolutely right. There isn't a one size fits all solution. What works in chitown won't work in new orleans. We need to identify core values like family and education, then objectives like secondary education and economic status (making sure we have checking/savings accounts and are managing money.

Call me crazy but I believe that something we need to do or should try would be to occupy the hoods. Get people out there. We need to get people out in the parks where the drug dealers be. In some cases a drug dealer ain't gonna be in a crowded park with families and such, and for the most part thugs or goons ain't gonna shoot into a crowded park with families and such.

If we get people in these dark and desolate areas, and have them give a helping hand in making it better, they will have pride in it, want to be there and for the most part take care of it. The same way whites move in build up a place and push minorities into a corner or just out, these people can do that to the drug dealers and thugs. Right now the mindset is "I'm not going to McMillan park cause I don't want to get shot." so people continue to stay away and it never gets better. Sure if someone buys the park, tears it down and builds a McDonalds or office building the people won't be there anymore, there's no reason the citizens cannot obtain control although it won't be easy.

I've seen it happen we used to have an old run down park where there was just a basketball court and lots of open space. It turned to shyt and started to look like shyt,, but after a while citizens and the city got fed up. They replaced the damaged fence surrounding the court and planted some new trees (kind of an understatement they did more) but now people go there and it's known as the park that used to be bad, it's not a problem anymore

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps

Two great post.

MK ULTRA/CONTELPRO

Followed by some dumb nikka shyt. :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
This shyt is disgusting we have failed our children and things need to change it's sad that these issues are only just being highlighted and something seriously needs to be done about this!

:leon: shyts fire though :dj2:
*Does Money Dance*

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
LIL MOUSE-GET SMOKED (Music Video) - YouTube

:wtf: @ this shyt...these are the last days.

tumblr_lovln8sBYL1r0u8ydo1_500.gif

this shyt was good and ignorant:ohlawd:....and i like it :yeshrug: