WTF HALO COLLECTION for XBOXONE has a 20GB day one download u must download

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I find it difficult to call getting that much content with one game "short sighted design". You paid 400-500 for the machine you knew from jump you weren't getting a huge hardrive. With or without the MCC you will have to shuffle games eventually. There is external hardrive support if shuffling content is such a problem for you.

Has nothing to do with being a "loyalist" it's common sense.

Blu-ray Discs/drives are too slow to stream games. It wasnt a "choice"

The console supports external drives.

Yes you have to install the entire thing because it all works as one game. You don't have switch between games, you can play playlists that span all 4 games. Again this is unprecedented territory where this game is going, if you have to delete a couple demos or old ass games you aren't playing anymore, I don't see that as a big deal like you are trying to make it.
Playstation-4-658x370-32b194540fd678e1-610x343.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
what do you do meach? mail man? stockbroker?

dont you realize there are actual developers on this board and you look stupid?

There aren't any developers here and how do I look stupid?

A patch is fixing content that is on the disc.

In the case of halo the download is due to the fact that the content doesn't fit on the disc.

This is the definition of a "patch"

"A patch is a piece of software designed to update a computer program or its supporting data, to fix or improve it."

That's not what the download for MCC is doing.

Don't try to insult my intelligence. I know more about this stuff than 90% of the people here. Now you know:ufdup:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
a patch is anything added after the fact.
im a developer as well as kodie and i know there are others.
if its not being added to improve the game (your definition), then why is it being added?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
a patch is anything added after the fact.
So Adding new multiplayer levels/guns is a "patch"? :stopitslime:

im a developer as well as kodie and i know there are others.
No disrespect but thinking about making a game and/or knowing some development languages doesn't make you a "developer" in the partictiacal sense of the word.

if its not being added to improve the game (your definition), then why is it being added?

It's being added because it doesn't fit on a disc. And that definition is not about improving the game on a subjective level. It's about fixing the code that is on the disc, fixing bugs, optimizations, making the game run better. That is what a "patch" is for. That is NOT what this game is doing.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
So Adding new multiplayer levels/guns is a "patch"? :stopitslime:
No disrespect but thinking about making a game and/or knowing some development languages doesn't make you a "developer" in the partictiacal sense of the word.
yes, adding anything is a patch
no disrespect taken because you dont know what youre talking about. you dont have to make games to be a developer. there are other types of software besides games. patching is patching.
the sdlc is the same everywhere breh. universal
ive done a lot more than think about making games, im not sure whose resume youre reading. ive been a developer a lot longer than youve been street teaming

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
look at what this discussion has become. completely off topic. a 20gb day one patch is retarded, point blank. nobody feels the need to apologize for something that isnt fukked up and dude is on neogaf begging for forgiveness. it is what is it is, not what meach says it is

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
yes, adding anything is a patch
No it's not. A content update is just that and a patch is a patch. Two different things, which is why they have different names. You can't just decide that they both fit under the same definition because it fits your argument.

no disrespect taken because you dont know what youre talking about. you dont have to make games to be a developer. there are other types of software besides games.
We are talking about games here. When you say "developer" it implies that you are talking about games. You wouldn't ask a dentist for advice on your Gaul bladder.

ive done a lot more than think about making games, im not sure whose resume youre reading. ive been a developer a lot longer than youve been street teaming
What have you developed?