WTF HALO COLLECTION for XBOXONE has a 20GB day one download u must download

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Oh yeah. They did that for GTA V and Halo 4. Idk why? :yeshrug:
It's a minor inconvenience imo. Just download the 20gb and 3-4 hours later when it's done you're up and running.
I guess I gotta get this adaptor. No way this is happening in less than a day with my wifi spot for the X1. Plus with everybody downloading this at once, I see network issues on microsofts side. This is their major release for the year. Everybody is gonna have it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And aren't y'all PC gamers too?

Y'all downloaded Wolfenstien and/or watchdogs at 40gb right?
I have a 3TB internal HDD on one PC and 2 separate 2TB drives in the other.

This about does it. I'm likely getting the CoD XBO and selling this one. I don't like the color scheme but then again I do have that clown looking Halo 4 360 so what's the difference?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
And aren't y'all PC gamers too?

Y'all downloaded Wolfenstien and/or watchdogs at 40gb right?
I have an outrageously powerful wifi adaptor on my pc. I can get 40mbps downloads at no problem.

Can't do that with a console though.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
You know what I mean. 70GBs dedicated to a single SKU on a non-upgradable 500GB HDD is inexcusable.
external hard drive works

I thought you could upgrade the XBO hard drive though?

edit: So you can use externals, but only for media storage.
u should be able to use externals for game saves also

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is it "inexcusable"?

Should they just drop some of the games? It's 4 full games plus hundreds of multiplayer maps, DLC, co-OP missions, the forge and more. This amount of content for a single game is unprecedented. Other games this year with not even half the content have clocked in at 40gb.
how about.... an install disc. its that simple

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's great. So you might have to do some space management on your X1. Still don't see how giving an unprecedented amount of content in one game is "inexcusable"
You don't see the short sighted design that's going to cause me to have to shuffle around games at some point or use a slower external solution or are you just that much of a company loyalist that you'll defend even this oversight?

They were the ones that made game installs mandatory. They were the ones that designed the console so the HDD can't be accessed or replaced. Now we're less than a year into this and the 500GB HDD that actually only has 362GB free for user access has a game that takes up 20% of that space. I'm willing to bet you have to install the whole kit and kaboodle and not just the Halo games you plan to play.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
if the patch is ready why wont they just let people preload it? they need to find a better way than a day one patch...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You don't see the short sighted design that's going to cause me to have to shuffle around games at some point or use a slower external solution or are you just that much of a company loyalist that you'll defend even this oversight?
I find it difficult to call getting that much content with one game "short sighted design". You paid 400-500 for the machine you knew from jump you weren't getting a huge hardrive. With or without the MCC you will have to shuffle games eventually. There is external hardrive support if shuffling content is such a problem for you.

Has nothing to do with being a "loyalist" it's common sense.

They were the ones that made game installs mandatory.
Blu-ray Discs/drives are too slow to stream games. It wasnt a "choice"

They were the ones that designed the console so the HDD can't be accessed or replaced.
The console supports external drives.

Now we're less than a year into this and the 500GB HDD that actually only has 362GB free for user access has a game that takes up 20% of that space. I'm willing to bet you have to install the whole kit and kaboodle and not just the Halo games you plan to play.
Yes you have to install the entire thing because it all works as one game. You don't have switch between games, you can play playlists that span all 4 games. Again this is unprecedented territory where this game is going, if you have to delete a couple demos or old ass games you aren't playing anymore, I don't see that as a big deal like you are trying to make it.