WTF HALO COLLECTION for XBOXONE has a 20GB day one download u must download

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. Yes. If you have a friend who you know wants to play the game with you just have him download the game prior to you getting there. You can start now a full month before the game comes out.

2. LAN games are usually the result of multiple people owning a system and a game, in which case the game and content update will already be downloaded. In the rare case that its one person with multiple Xbox's that wants to by multiple copies of the game theirself then yes they will be inconvenienced. They would also be inconvenienced by needing to install and maintain multiple discs.

3. No. You only need a patch for the online portion. A person with no or shyty interent such as yourself can still have fun with the game. Even without an interent connection its a lot of content for $60.

Once again this is the online portion of the game. If you have at least 3mbs interent like Microsoft requires for online play then the contnent update shouldn't be a problem. If you don't then the content that needs to be downloaded is not relevant to your situation.
Why I got quoted for?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Yes. If you have a friend who you know wants to play the game with you just have him download the game prior to you getting there. You can start now a full month before the game comes out.

2. LAN games are usually the result of multiple people owning a system and a game, in which case the game and content update will already be downloaded. In the rare case that its one person with multiple Xbox's that wants to by multiple copies of the game theirself then yes they will be inconvenienced. They would also be inconvenienced by needing to install and maintain multiple discs.

3. No. You only need a patch for the online portion. A person with no or shyty interent such as yourself can still have fun with the game. Even without an interent connection its a lot of content for $60.

Once again this is the online portion of the game. If you have at least 3mbs interent like Microsoft requires for online play then the contnent update shouldn't be a problem. If you don't then the content that needs to be downloaded is not relevant to your situation.

bruh, im saying I wanna go to my friends with my copy. not him having to purchase the game. if they allowed people without the game to download the 20gb that'd be cool he could download in advance but they don't.

mainting multiple discs is not an inconvenience. they stay in a case. but at least you admit its not good for lan gaming

I only have shyt net in my uk house, im fine in ny. furthermore you still need the 20gb download to play lan or offline multiplayer.

so you don't think an extra dolla to include an install disc is a better way?

you use the 2nd disc install the game, installs quick, put the disc away to never use again.

I don't think this is a price issue, I think they wanted to release a game and pride themselves that hey guys all these halo's on one disc

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that still doesn't answer the questions I asked,

oh n yeah buy it digitally even though it cost more digitally, and I can't trade it or give it away. cool idea eggbert
It costs the same as the physical copy. In this case, I can't see why someone would want to trade in a huge title like this. It seems like you can't be pleased and just want to hear yourself talk now. It's not really that serious imo. As for your friend's situation, why should he download 20GB's of content for a game he doesn't own?? Idk how it works on Xbox One but if you're going to be playing it at his house, I'd assume you'd just need to provide him your login credentials and have him login and download the game when you're not playing and then once done log back in, change password and then whenever you go over there, log in and play. :yeshrug:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It costs the same as the physical copy. In this case, I can't see why someone would want to trade in a huge title like this. It seems like you can't be pleased and just want to hear yourself talk now. It's not really that serious imo. As for your friend's situation, why should he download 20GB's of content for a game he doesn't own?? Idk how it works on Xbox One but if you're going to be playing it at his house, I'd assume you'd just need to provide him your login credentials and have him login and download the game when you're not playing and then once done log back in, change password and then whenever you go over there, log in and play. :yeshrug:
see this is the problem with americans they assume its the same everywhere.
its cheaper in uk to purchase from stores.
people trade in all sorts of games, and a trade in would def happen when halo5 drops, or give it away.

so I go to my friends house, and he should have to download 20gb before we play the game? you don't think an install disc would be easier?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
bruh, im saying I wanna go to my friends with my copy. not him having to purchase the game. if they allowed people without the game to download the 20gb that'd be cool he could download in advance but they don't.
If you buy the game now, you can load it on any system you want

mainting multiple discs is not an inconvenience. they stay in a case. but at least you admit its not good for lan gaming
Yes it is. It's much easier for me to say "Xbox go to halo" than it is for me to find/switch/maintain discs. The Xbox does all that for you. Step into 2014 breh.

I only have shyt net in my uk house, im fine in ny. furthermore you still need the 20gb download to play lan or offline multiplayer.
So download to patch and STFU, or complain to your ISP. Either way a dev/publisher isn't responsible for your individual situation.

so you don't think an extra dolla to include an install disc is a better way?
Not for me and the majority of people playing this game online.

[Quot]you use the 2nd disc install the game, installs quick, put the disc away to never use again.[/quote]
Multilayer downloads and installs while I'm playing single player sounds better to me:manny:

I don't think this is a price issue, I think they wanted to release a game and pride themselves that hey guys all these halo's on one disc
That's exactly it. They want it to be a seamless experience. Sorry it won't be for you, but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't deserve it. They also explained that it has to do with the way the Xbox determines ownership of a disc. It would take changes on a system level to make happen, on top of printing out extra discs. It's just not worth it considering that the audience for the online portion of the game already has good Internet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
people trade in all sorts of games, and a trade in would def happen when halo5 drops, or give it away.

so I go to my friends house, and he should have to download 20gb before we play the game? you don't think an install disc would be easier?
:yeshrug:
Play the campaign while it's downloading or just pop in a game of 2K or something else while it downloads :troll:.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The easiest would have been the original Xbox one policies that everyone hated. You'd be able to buy a disc and share it with anyone in the world without going to their house. You'd also have the ability to trade that game back in when your done with it or just transfer the liscense to your friend.

People complained like you're doing now and we got what we got:manny:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you buy the game now, you can load it on any system you want

Yes it is. It's much easier for me to say "Xbox go to halo" than it is for me to find/switch/maintain discs. The Xbox does all that for you. Step into 2014 breh.

So download to patch and STFU, or complain to your ISP. Either way a dev/publisher isn't responsible for your individual situation.

Not for me and the majority of people playing this game online.

[Quot]you use the 2nd disc install the game, installs quick, put the disc away to never use again.
Multilayer downloads and installs while I'm playing single player sounds better to me:manny:

That's exactly it. They want it to be a seamless experience. Sorry it won't be for you, but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't deserve it. They also explained that it has to do with the way the Xbox determines ownership of a disc. It would take changes on a system level to make happen, on top of printing out extra discs. It's just not worth it considering that the audience for the online portion of the game already has good Internet.[/QUOTE]

1. how messy is your house that you cant find a disc? do you not have your gta5 install disc? or your forza disc? or Shenmue disc? why would you have to keep switching disc?

2. so you're saying xbox cant have install discs? if this is true this is a shambles. should just be a floppy disc console n whatever don't fit on the 1.5mb floppy you download.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
1. I have kids discs get lost/scratched or given to my nephew everyday B

2. It's not set up to accept multiple install discs right now. It might in the future, but its not really a priority.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how long would it take to download 20gb at 500kbps?
kilobits or KiloBYTES?

If Kilobits then you're looking at several days :merchant:.

If KiloBYTES then i'd say about 6-8 hours?? :manny:

Add about another hour for installation.

Might as well just bust out Halo 3 on the 360 and play that in preparation :troll:.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
why are yall still talking to this brick wall?

and don't quote me scrap...you'll just be wasting ya time...