WTF: BREAKING: Microsoft CEO Increases Bid for Kings To $625 Million

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Seattle will be alright. I was up there three months ago for a few days. Yeah the weather sucks but they got the Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, great restaurants & bars, lively downtown, good nightlife, the bodies of waters, beautiful mountians, Microsoft, Boeing, etc etc etc. this is like the last place on earth you should feel sorry about. They'll get the Sonics back in no time.

Sac on the other hand, they need the Kings. And I say this lovingly.. and not as a diss. I'm Central Cali kid myself:ld:

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know this.. I've been to Sac numerous times. I'm talkin' serious black populations like in the south and other cities with populations over 200,000. Sac ain't black like that. Whites and Mexicans are the majority in the Central Valley.
I understand what you're getting at now, just pointing out for those who misconceive Sacramento as another valley city when it's one of the most diverse cities in the country. I'm from Sacramento and a phone call away from the Mayor, so this issue has been personal for me for awhile.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I understand what you're getting at now, just pointing out for those who misconceive Sacramento as another valley city when it's one of the most diverse cities in the country. I'm from Sacramento and a phone call away from the Mayor, so this issue has been personal for me for awhile.

It is just another valley city. It just so happens to be the capital of California as well. Seattle is a much better fit for an NBA team if you wanna get down to comparisons.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It is just another valley city. It just so happens to be the capital of California as well. Seattle is a much better fit for an NBA team if you wanna get down to comparisons.
That's not necessarily true. Yes overall Seattle as a city is more popular and has more to do that Sacramento but lets not act like Seattle was goin' nuts for the Sonics the last 3-4 years they were in Seattle. I know they were having some down years as a franchise but cats act like people of Seattle was lining up for the Sonics in droves like it was a hot ticket

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
‏@sactownroyalty
Media just chased George Maloof into the Bell Stand closet!!! UNREAL!!

He is in a closet guys!!!

George opened the door for a second and closed when he saw this! pic.twitter.com/fG8iVw5xzP

BKV1aFTCUAAXS_x.jpg

:laugh:

2pac_Westside

SOHH Vet - est. 2002
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

The city didn't do shyt when Clay Bennett was moving them. Stern even went to Seattle himself and got the cold shoulder from local politicians.

Now Sac on the other hand, we got KJ the god as mayor and he refused to let the Kings leave..

At the end of the day, Seattle fukked up in 2007.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The city didn't do shyt when Clay Bennett was moving them. Stern even went to Seattle himself and got the cold shoulder from local politicians.

Now Sac on the other hand, we got KJ the god as mayor and he refused to let the Kings leave..

At the end of the day, Seattle fukked up in 2007.
Seattle fukked up big time. Why would Shultz(Starbucks) sell the team to a guy from OKC?? and yeah the local government in Seatown basically said fukk the Sonics:pacspit:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
That's not necessarily true. Yes overall Seattle as a city is more popular and has more to do that Sacramento but lets not act like Seattle was goin' nuts for the Sonics the last 3-4 years they were in Seattle. I know they were having some down years as a franchise but cats act like people of Seattle was lining up for the Sonics in droves like it was a hot ticket

That goes for most teams though. Miami is complete trash for most of it's sports attendance yet they still hold up their teams because the market is available for it. It makes more sense to have a team in Seattle than Sacramento. I think that's something we can agree with.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
That goes for most teams though. Miami is complete trash for most of it's sports attendance yet they still hold up their teams because the market is available for it. It makes more sense to have a team in Seattle than Sacramento. I think that's something we can agree with.
BUt there was a time when you had NBA teams in both Sac and Seattle. But the Seattle big wigs said fukk the Sonics but Sac still had their team. I wanna see the Sonics back too just as much as the next guy but they didn't give a shyt when the team was about to bolt. Some fans did but the people with power in Seattle didn't give two shyts about the team. But this is Sac's fault? shyt The Kings and their crowd was the shyt when they had CWebb, Peja, Bibby and company. that was poppin' just as hard as the best Sonic years in Seattle. City wise - Seattle is better than Sac but basketball wise its a toss up imo

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
The difference between this situation and the seattle situation, is the sale was done w/ Clay, and it was approved immediately. He acted like he wanted to stay in seattle, and drug his feet on the arena deal. While behind closed doors he was sabotaging anything in seattle so he could get to OKC.

If hansen had been just as shady, things would have probably went his way as well.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
BUt there was a time when you had NBA teams in both Sac and Seattle. But the Seattle big wigs said fukk the Sonics but Sac still had their team. I wanna see the Sonics back too just as much as the next guy but they didn't give a shyt when the team was about to bolt. Some fans did but the people with power in Seattle didn't give two shyts about the team. But this is Sac's fault? shyt The Kings and their crowd was the shyt when they had CWebb, Peja, Bibby and company. that was poppin' just as hard as the best Sonic years in Seattle. City wise - Seattle is better than Sac but basketball wise its a toss up imo

Clay was asking for more than he should have been, which is why the city wasn't trying to put up with it. His ultimate goal was to move the Sonics and Schultz made a bad sell. I don't hold Schultz up to it. Clay was just the snake in the grass. To say the city didn't care is grossly undermining the fan base. Clay detonated everything at the right time, and he is the sole reason for the Sonics being gone.

As for the attendance, SEA can have it's share of ups and downs, just like any other team. I don't see Sac being primarily dominant over the Sonics. I seer them as a better basketball town. I'm not trying to say to rip the Kings out and be done but, it just makes better sense to put a team in Seattle.

The difference between this situation and the seattle situation, is the sale was done w/ Clay, and it was approved immediately. He acted like he wanted to stay in seattle, and drug his feet on the arena deal. While behind closed doors he was sabotaging anything in seattle so he could get to OKC.

If hansen had been just as shady, things would have probably went his way as well.

Ditto on this. Sacramento is blessed they don't have to deal with the shadiness that Seattle dealt with.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
The Maloofs are gonna keep the team and put out a D-League product for as long as they own the team (just to stick it to the city and the other owners)

And people are happy to keep the team? Good luck with that. Only sellouts happening anytime soon is when Lebron, Melo, etc come to town