WTF: BREAKING: Microsoft CEO Increases Bid for Kings To $625 Million

NVME

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you also gotta deal with the other owners though. the article says the committee voted to deny the move of the franchise out of Sacramento, but a new vote is gonna happen next Wednesday, the 15th.

you'd think they'd reconsider now...come on now.

The Kings were giving up the payments the owner's had to make to them because they're a small market team increasing the value of their offer. This is a counter offer to that because like someone else said NBA owners are greedy.

Edit: It's also a power move to show how much private backing the Seattle offer has and couldn't hurt in pushing for an expansion if this deal doesn't go through.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The Kings were giving up the payments the owner's had to make to them because they're a small market team increasing the value of their offer. This is a counter offer to that because like someone else said NBA owners are greedy.

Edit: It's also a power move to show how much private backing the Seattle offer has and couldn't hurt in pushing for an expansion if this deal doesn't go through.

Let's be clear. Expansion ain't gonna happen. Relocation, sure, but they're not gonna have the NBA landscape GROW 2 more teams.

NVME

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's be clear. Expansion ain't gonna happen. Relocation, sure, but they're not gonna have the NBA landscape GROW 2 more teams.

What makes you say that? Stern is leaving soon which in my opinions is the major reason why he doesn't want a team moved which could hurt his legacy. Seattle by far has a stronger and more profitable offer for the league.

An expansion into Seattle isn't a bad look for a new commissioner. I'm not saying that will happen right away or will even happen... I'm saying that Seattle is sending the message they have strong private backing and they'll push for whatever option they think becomes a possibility.

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Sacramento can blame this man

robert-horry-lastsecond-shot-vs-sacramento-kings-21385896.jpg

Sacramento could have been San Antonio before san Antonio if they won that series... i remember there was talk back in the day about the spurs moving but 4 championships later and 3 hall of famers and hall of fame coach a whole different story

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
What makes you say that? Stern is leaving soon which in my opinions is the major reason why he doesn't want a team moved which could hurt his legacy. Seattle by far has a stronger and more profitable offer for the league.

An expansion into Seattle isn't a bad look for a new commissioner. I'm not saying that will happen right away or will even happen... I'm saying that Seattle is sending the message they have strong private backing and they'll push for whatever option they think becomes a possibility.

Have you been paying attention to the league? There's barely enough quality talent for 30 teams as is.

NVME

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you been paying attention to the league? There's barely enough quality talent for 30 teams as is.

Almost every team is profitable and Seattle is a top 15 NBA market... we're talking about the CEO of Microsoft and the Nordstroms as well as Chris Hansen putting up $800+ million of private money. We're obviously not thinking about this the same way. I do think relocation is the more likely option. Nowhere did I say that expansion is likely to happen I just said this is a power move to show the money is there right now.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
This may never end :wow:

Technically, the NBA can force the Maloofs to sell but there's going to be years of lawsuits. LMAO @ expansion. The 30th team is Charlotte. End of story.

For those who want Seattle basketball back though, keep waiting.

The Maloofs are just going to make this shyt drag on even longer. Even if they DID end up selling to Seattle, and magically, the Board of Governors approve BOTH the sale and the move, you really think these games are going to end :rudy: They still want to have some type of control of how the team should be ran even after selling the team to Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstrom. That was part of the selling agreement. Hell, the NBA could approve the sell BUT deny the move :heh: So you got a team with new owners trying to move it but can't.

Hansen needs to look at all of this and revaluate his deal with the Magoofs. Seattle lost the Sonics before, how does he think this won't drag on in the 206? Trust me, these dudes are genuine flip flop artists and poor businessmen (see their past ventures)

At this point, I really want The Maloof Family banished from professional sports altogether (they were rumored looking to buy a NHL team with the money earned from the sale of the Kings). No city deserves this mess.

NVME

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This may never end :wow:

Technically, the NBA can force the Maloofs to sell but there's going to be years of lawsuits. LMAO @ expansion. The 30th team is Charlotte. End of story.

For those who want Seattle basketball back though, keep waiting.

The Maloofs are just going to make this shyt drag on even longer. Even if they DID end up selling to Seattle, and magically, the Board of Governors approve BOTH the sale and the move, you really think these games are going to end :rudy: They still want to have some type of control of how the team should be ran even after selling the team to Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstrom. That was part of the selling agreement. Hell, the NBA could approve the sell BUT deny the move :heh: So you got a team with new owners trying to move it but can't.

Hansen needs to look at all of this and revaluate his deal with the Magoofs. Seattle lost the Sonics before, how does he think this won't drag on in the 206? Trust me, these dudes are genuine flip flop artists and poor businessmen (see their past ventures)

At this point, I really want The Maloof Family banished from professional sports altogether (they were rumored looking to buy a NHL team with the money earned from the sale of the Kings). No city deserves this mess.

You act like Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstroms are a bunch of small players that have no chance getting what they are after... these guys know exactly what they're doing. You are right about the possibility of denying a relocation, but you talk about it as if all of these extremely successful businessmen haven't planned on how they're going to deal with that situation. These guys are in it to win and have the $$$ to back it up.

Successful businessmen don't have one track minds...there's more than one way to the finish line. Their only goal is to get a team to Seattle.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
You act like Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstroms are a bunch of small players that have no chance getting what they are after... these guys know exactly what they're doing. You are right about the possibility of denying a relocation, but you talk about it as if all of these extremely successful businessmen haven't planned on how they're going to deal with that situation. These guys are in it to win and have the $$$ to back it up.

Successful businessmen don't have one track minds...there's more than one way to the finish line. Their only goal is to get a team to Seattle.

I've been eyeballing most news on the developments and this group is honestly no joke. If the league isn't moving the Kings to Seattle then color me surprised.

They pulled out the funding, the stadium, the city and state backing, the right team to pick at, and they can up the money on the sale offer almost whenever they want due to the men involved all in about the course of a year and a half to two. And there's still huge successful businesses like Amazon and Costco that have yet to toss big money in.

Seattle is lucky to have such committed people working on getting their Supersonics back.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Sacramento can blame this man

robert-horry-lastsecond-shot-vs-sacramento-kings-21385896.jpg

Sacramento could have been San Antonio before san Antonio if they won that series... i remember there was talk back in the day about the spurs moving but 4 championships later and 3 hall of famers and hall of fame coach a whole different story
The refs had more to do with the Lakers winning than that shot did.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I've been eyeballing most news on the developments and this group is honestly no joke. If the league isn't moving the Kings to Seattle then color me surprised.

They pulled out the funding, the stadium, the city and state backing, the right team to pick at, and they can up the money on the sale offer almost whenever they want due to the men involved all in about the course of a year and a half to two. And there's still huge successful businesses like Amazon and Costco that have yet to toss big money in.

Seattle is lucky to have such committed people working on getting their Supersonics back.
:salute: to them for bringing their team back...should have never left.

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
FreedS[ohh]lave;4161885 said:
Amazing that a town like Seattle that likes the nba will get shut out when so many cities in the nba that have teams could give a sh!t about the nba

Indiana Charlotte Minesotta Milauawakee and New Orleans wouldnt blink if their teams didnt exist tomorrow

:ufdup: i'd riot.