WTF: BREAKING: Microsoft CEO Increases Bid for Kings To $625 Million

AVO

All My Friends Are Dead
Daps
Reppin
The 6(02)
Damn, $625 million for the Kings, imagine if the Knicks or Lakers were up for sale :merchant:

It really has nothing to do with the Kings though. Seattle wants a team and they're the only team for sale so they keep raising their bid trying to get it.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I just don't get the nba. Why do they even want a team in sacramento? Not like they selling out every gm like they use to. Seattle is clearly the better city for a team. Instead of contracting the Hornets, they doubled down on that mistake. Same with Charlotte. Its too many damn teams.:birdman:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I just don't get the nba. Why do they even want a team in sacramento? Not like they selling out every gm like they use to. Seattle is clearly the better city for a team. Instead of contracting the Hornets, they doubled down on that mistake. Same with Charlotte. Its too many damn teams.:birdman:

Contraction = your league is suffering. That's why the NBA won't do it. It's hard to brag about how great your league is and how it can rival the most popular sport in the world when you literally have to close up shop in a location with nowhere to put it.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The scary part is Ballmer is seriously an NBA fanatic. He wouldn't hesitate to get close to a billion for the Sonics.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
yo FORREAL!

Tom Benson bought the Hornets for almost half at $338MM just last year.

This is a dream come true for the other franchises like the Dodgers purchase was last year in baseball.

It's only going to get crazier. There is so much money to me made from local television deals that team values will skyrocket. It's debatable whether a bubble is bring created...but the fact that live sports is essentially the last remaining DVR-immune show on television allows them massive power with regards to ad money, etc.

I think I read somewhere that on average, about $16 of every cable bill goes directly to MLB :merchant:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Contraction = your league is suffering. That's why the NBA won't do it. It's hard to brag about how great your league is and how it can rival the most popular sport in the world when you literally have to close up shop in a location with nowhere to put it.

Sometimes you have to do whats best for the league and the future not obsess over image or what its looks like

Hopefully Silver will be more logical and not a napoleoinc tyrant more worried about image then what is actually going on like Stern

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
[ame]https://twitter.com/rob_mcallister/status/332938194268078080[/ame]

:patrice:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
FreedS[ohh]lave;4161885 said:
Amazing that a town like Seattle that likes the nba will get shut out when so many cities in the nba that have teams could give a sh!t about the nba

Indiana Charlotte Minesotta Milauawakee and New Orleans wouldnt blink if their teams didnt exist tomorrow

STFU nikka, you don't know what you talking about.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
As a businessman Im sure its hard to understand that

"my money aint no good here?"

:ufdup:

:demonic: Very :demonic: Very :demonic:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FreedS[ohh]lave;4161885 said:
Amazing that a town like Seattle that likes the nba will get shut out when so many cities in the nba that have teams could give a sh!t about the nba

Indiana Charlotte Minesotta Milauawakee and New Orleans wouldnt blink if their teams didnt exist tomorrow

Man, cities jsut want a winning brand of basketball. Minnesota crowd has been loud the alst two season, and they were decent when KG had them winning(in the regular season)

Milwaukee had a great passionate crowd to in the early 2000's when the big three was there. I Love the sarcastic cheer they used to give when Ervin Johnson would actually make a play.

Fans are just smart now. They dont want to support franchises that are badly ran. I cant blame em.