WSJ - Microsoft Plans to Put Latest Call of Duty Game on Subscription Service, Sources Say

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Expect more MW3 types of COD games.

They're gonna want to offset the loss in potential revenue by scaling back production costs by making smaller COD games that are pretty much glorified DLC packaged as a full game.

I can see the regular multiplayer suite and zombies/spec ops eventually becoming F2P too, like Warzone.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Expect more MW3 types of COD games.

They're gonna want to offset the loss in potential revenue by scaling back production costs by making smaller COD games that are pretty much glorified DLC packaged as a full game.

I can see the regular multiplayer suite and zombies/spec ops eventually becoming F2P too, like Warzone.

Don’t forget they are also making them on Nintendo systems soon. Scaled back budget and scope is going to become a necessity

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
many paid for the early access to Starfield to play early.

I dunno about this move. But hope it works out.

they have to be counting on new subscribers to buy a year of GP at full price. only thing that makes sense.
They expect players to spend more on mtx

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The thing with call of duty is though

Like ….

Who plays multiplayer and the campaign like that ? I know me and ps boys just play Warzone - the only reason we ever hop into multiplayer is to quickly level a gun and that’s it

The game is already free to me essentially

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
They expect players to spend more on mtx

:ehh: A good dice roll, since most players won't understand the zero-ownership before they buy in like that.

Putting CoD to spike GP numbers, ehhh I dunno. I presume the long-term goal will just have digital publishing to GP directly and no physical/digital ownership. No other reason to put consistent money makers on GP day 1. :patrice:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
many paid for the early access to Starfield to play early.

I dunno about this move. But hope it works out.

they have to be counting on new subscribers to buy a year of GP at full price. only thing that makes sense.

This would make a lot of sense, making it mandatory that is

A new tier which includes COD with a 3 month minimum plan

A tier or plan that would cover the costs of buying the game full price has gotta be the move. Then counting on those new subs to continue with the plan.

:ehh: .

Yeah, this is gonna be another short term outlook move. They're gonna create a new tier with an increased price. The first year they might trick some people into signing up for a year. But a lot of COD players only play COD or primarily COD. Why the fukk would they pay for an annual sub when they could buy the game for $70 flat? Nobody is paying for essentially a three month trial of COD.

This might work for one year but most people will catch on after that.