WSJ - Microsoft Plans to Put Latest Call of Duty Game on Subscription Service, Sources Say

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And then they turned the gun on themselves
tenor.gif

I swear the goofys that make decisions at these companies....so out of touch with reality.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I will say if gamepass numbers don't move around after this, it's gonna be nasty.

It doesn't need to be a mass exodus, imo they shouldn't make any major assumptions until after two releases, but realistically after 6-8 months the heat is on for a change either way

I see them doing similar to what they did with Starfield. Charge like 30 bucks or something. Give it a discount for being a GP user.

But if they put it there completely for free with a fanbase that made up a quarter of annual COD sales... :snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I see them doing similar to what they did with Starfield. Charge like 30 bucks or something. Give it a discount for being a GP user.

But if they put it there completely for free with a fanbase that made up a quarter of annual COD sales... :snoop:
Starfield launched on gamepass at no extra cost.

Why do yall pretend gamepass is free?

3 months of gamepass is more revenue than a full physical game purchase.

If a COD fan subs to gamepass mainly for COD and spends 6 months playing the game microsoft has doubled the revenue they would have gotten from that person if they went to gamestop to buy the game.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Starfield launched on gamepass at no extra cost.

Why do yall pretend gamepass is free?

3 months of gamepass is more revenue than a full physical game purchase.

If a COD fan subs to gamepass mainly for COD and spends 6 months playing the game microsoft has doubled the revenue they would have gotten from that person if they went to gamestop to buy the game.

many paid for the early access to Starfield to play early.

I dunno about this move. But hope it works out.

they have to be counting on new subscribers to buy a year of GP at full price. only thing that makes sense.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This would make a lot of sense, making it mandatory that is

A new tier which includes COD with a 3 month minimum plan

A tier or plan that would cover the costs of buying the game full price has gotta be the move. Then counting on those new subs to continue with the plan.

:ehh: .